Tuesday, August 25th

Today started with gross, crusty pink eye.  Sorry!  That was graphic.  The problem is, I don't have my sweet doctor here.  And our new insurance cards haven't arrived yet.  Running to the doctor isn't what it used to be!  So, I researched online and made phone calls and worked to figure out the best way to do this.  Two doctor's offices (all I could find online) in town didn't have anything available today, so I was advised to go to Urgent Care at the hospital down the road.  Ugh.  I was nervous this was going to be like the ER and I would be sitting and waiting for hours.  So, I got Kara set up to do school independently, and went to the hospital.  I packed a book and lunch and dinner!  Back in Maryland, an Urgent Care office that doesn't take appointments would have me waiting 4+ hours! Well, I walked into a room with one person waiting!  By the time I figured out how to pay, got my paperwork set up, and helped Kara with a long division problem via text, I was being called back right away to see the doctor.  Ah.  May.  Zing.

I gave them two hours to send the prescription to CVS before I went to pick it up.  Nope, it still wasn't there.  So, I took a seat and waited for them to work it out.  When that was all taken care of, I brought watermelon to the roofing guys, deposited a check in the bank, and picked up lunch for Michael and I.

It was SUCH a pretty day today.  The humidity was low and my car said it was only about 80 degrees.  The shade was so nice and cool!  I sat on the back porch and did some Bible study.

Studying the Armor of God with
Priscilla Shirer

I couldn't help but pause and take a look at the view.
I waved as golf carts drove by.  :-)

Then Kara skyped with her friend Ellie from Maryland.
Then we went to the new house to get the bowl that had the watermelon in it.

See part of the roof done over the garage?

You can see some of the roof and look at those big
piles of stone!!!  They are going on the house soon!

More roof, more stone.


This is what the stone looks like.  We are putting it
up in a stacked stone way so it looks a little more uniform.

Standing in the guest bedroom with the
crank out window open (you can see it in the
top left), looking down at Kara in front of
another big pile of stone.

The low humidity made the green trees an emerald color.
The clear blue sky made the water a sapphire blue.
STUNNING.

They cut holes in the floor to prep for HVAC

Look at that big pile of sand!  Kara wanted to dive in,
but we only had 15 minutes at the house tonight.
She said, "can I at least poke it?"  :-)  Sure!


I wanted a picture of how much roof is done, but the sun
was setting behind the house.  I used the car to block
the sun so you can actually see the house.
Kara had to put her hand in there.  :-)

Michael's garage still doesn't have the roof on.  I don't
envy them - it is steep!
Then we came home so I could Skype with Stephanie.  It was so great and we both have a hard time saying goodbye - even if to just hang up.

Kara's throat hurts, which is so awful.  Mine hurt for a few days then went away - I'm pretty sure it was allergies.  Kara insists it's not allergies for her though.  I hope she is well enough to travel next week!

Comments

Vicky said…
That view off your porch is beautiful! The house is looking great! Another advantage of Michael working from home...you can leave Kara there!