Lighting

Today started with meeting with Bert and Abe - the electrician.  He had questions for me and I had changes for him.  I think I have answers ready for him for tomorrow.

The main thing I had to really think about was how many pendant lights do I want over my kitchen island?  My Maryland house had a 12 foot island like this one will, but I put mini chandeliers over it, so 3 was plenty.  If I picked smaller lights, I should have 4.  If I picked bigger lights, I should have 2.

I couldn't pick the pendant lights until I figured out what they should match.  It will be much harder to find big chandeliers I like that I can afford - I can make my little pendants match whatever I find.

So I went to search for big chandeliers online.

And I don't like them.

Any of them.

Any in existence.

Grrr.  I think I need to go to a showroom because I liked every pendant I saw in Lowes.

These are the pendants I think I've picked for over the kitchen island:


I'll need 4 of them since they're small, but at least they're cheap.

This is the chandelier I think I've picked for over the dining room table:


Yes, you can put mason jars on them.  I think it's just the casual feeling I'm looking for.

The big chandeliers won't be craftsman because every single craftsman light makes me want to hurl.  They won't be crystal because that will TOTALLY not match.  So, I'm looking for big chandeliers with the same oil bronze whatever finish on them that won't totally clash, but don't have to be super matchy-matchy.

Then I picked out/bought 2 tubs with Bert.

Then I went to look for dresses for Kara for church on Sunday.  We don't want to try out a new church in the south in pants, just in case.  4 stores later, I ended up at Walmart.  I decided to look for myself too - and found an awesome dress - so I bought 2 black, and 3 others that are prints.

Then I went to the library to pick up recycling bags and get a card.

Then I came home and did laundry and ate lunch and fed Kara.

Then I took Kara to the library for a Warrior Cats book and got myself one too.

Then I went to Lowes and another store to look at lights.

Then I made dinner.

Then I cleaned it up.

Then I spent hours online looking at 100% ugly chandeliers.

Now it's time to watch the sunset from my new porch.



Want to see what they did today?

Stuff in the garage to be used tomorrow

They are sawing something!  I think they're prepping
the beams for the vaulted ceilings.

The tornado shelter / pantry has paper up to prepare
for the cinder block to be put in.

Main laundry room stuff

Facing the garage, so the pipes get cozies.

Wires

Outside wall - cozies.

Wires

Outside wall cozy

Wiring for outlets in master bedroom

light

Recessed lighting in mud room

Recessed lighting in main hallway

So many outlets in the kitchen.  Yes.

Recessed lighting in Kara's
hallway with attic access.

Light/vent combo in bathroom

Hole for tub

Kara's laundry stuff


Wires for Kara's bathroom

Kara's room gets the first recessed lighting (besides
a hallway, that is)

Front porch - I love it



Kara LOVES these nails laying around
Another good day - very productive.  Maybe tomorrow I can relax a bit?  Nah!  If I have any free time, I should drive to Huntsville to look at the light showroom.

Comments