Except that.

You know how first time pregnant women say that stupid thing - that they'll sleep much better when the baby is born.  And we all look at them with shock and try not to laugh at them.  I think I did that.  I thought once we moved here to Alabama, life would be smoother, quieter, more laid back because we didn't have any social obligations.

Yeah.

Except for all the phone calls coordinating with movers.

Except for all the boxes.

Except for all the laundry.

Except we all need to eat at least 3 times every day.

Except we are building a house and I need to answer questions/run errands.

Except for all the phone calls to companies letting them know we moved.

Except for all the things in our rental that need fixing/replacing/etc.

Except for all the furniture that needs to be moved around because there isn't enough space in the rental and the movers could only do so much.

Except for the extreme heat - and the TWO air conditioners that can't keep up.

Except for the fact that I need the printer and filing cabinet set up.

Except we need new drivers licenses.

Except we need new license plates.

Except we need to return our old plates to Maryland.

Except we need to open an account with a new bank.

Except we need new phone numbers here in Alabama.

Except Kara has no friends here so I'm the only one and need to make her more of a priority.

But other than all that, these past few weeks have been very relaxing.  What a dummy.

Don't get me wrong, I much prefer all of that stuff over selling the house in Maryland, but I have been busy, that's all.  And I've done a bad job prioritizing all of it because Kara feels too left out and I'm on the verge of messing up my back again.  Time to slow it down a bit.

I hope today we can hang out around the house and I can teach Kara how to play Rummy.

Comments