Wednesday, August 19

Today was a really good day.  I just felt normal, you know?  I am not going to unpack anymore.  Just about everything is where it's going to go.  All I had to do was live a normal day.

So, we started with school:
Bible, Spelling, Reading, Cursive, Writing, Math quiz.  That's all because the math quiz was sure to bring tears.  It did a little bit, but she recovered nicely.  There were a few tiny mistakes here and there, but she got almost everything totally right and what she didn't get right wasn't an indication that she hadn't learned the topics.

After that, we ate lunch and when Michael wandered around the kitchen disappointed at every cabinet, freezer, fridge, pantry he opened, I knew I needed to head to Walmart.  I have been happy as can be with plain chicken and pasta every night.  I LOVE it.  I eat it for lunch too.  But it's not Michael's favorite.  I have to be honest with you - I haven't cooked this much in a long, long time.  I am used to Michael eating out for breakfast, eating out for lunch, and making himself cereal for dinner.  I really only cook at home once or twice a week!!  Now I am on for lunch and dinner, and I have to at least supply the pop tarts for breakfast.  Yikes!  So, I went to the frozen section for his favorite pizza (which he makes himself when I'm not home), frozen flavored tilapia (barf! but I'll make myself chicken), frozen lasagna, broccoli, and tater tots.  Yep, sounding like Michael's kind of food already.  Then I hit the meat aisle.  My grocery list was very detailed and said "meat" on it.  I went up the long meat aisle and picked up skirt steak (like a mini flank steak), cube steak (for chicken fried steak - that'll be a yummy lunch sandwich!), and pork roast (for pulled pork bbq sandwiches).  And I got rolls and hamburger buns and cinnamon rolls.  THERE!  Pork, beef, and fish.  Also known as:  not chicken!  lol.  I came home and made garlic mashed potatoes, skirt steak, and rolls.  Michael's whole day was made.  He came back downstairs after he ate and picked seconds off the platter while he stood.  I said, "I'll take that as a compliment."

Before Walmart, I took my camera to take pictures of this amazing town I live in now.  I keep seeing beautiful views and don't capture them.  I haven't taken the time to take pictures in so long now, that I have to say I am rusty.  So many pictures look awful!  I posted the best ones on Facebook, and this is my favorite one.


After I cleaned up dinner, and after I had a nice big bowl of ice cream, I went to the new house by myself.  My family is a bunch of fuddy duddies and won't go with me anymore.  It's been almost a week since I went!  I really want to go every other day.

So, they have done quite a lot since I was there!  (It was dark, so my pictures are really bad.)

The tall foyer window is in.  I'm glad I didn't
watch whatever crane had to come to install
it!  I would have been a nervous wreck!

The fireplace is taking shape.

The tornado shelter is done up to about 5 feet tall.

This is a pile of blocks in the kitchen which will be
a part of the tornado shelter.

Looks like HVAC has been here!  There
are two of these in the house since we have
two units.

I wanted to capture the beautiful low hanging clouds and
the lights of the city and this is what I got.  What an
ugly picture!  The sky and low clouds were shades of
deep purple!

So, while I was at the house alone, I was writing scripture on the framing of the house.  I enjoyed this more than you know.  I will take pictures when it's light, but even though I wrote for well over an hour, I want to write more.

Anyway, while I was trying to take that picture of the city, I was standing near the piles of gravel.  I stood there a while, fiddling with my flash and trying to zoom and not getting anything decent with my iPhone.  As I took a step toward my car, I heard a noise right where I was standing a minute ago.  So, I got to my car quickly.  When I started my car and the lights came on, something the size of a dog ran into the woods from right where I was standing.  I just caught the general size of the animal and the pretty brown color of the fur.  I don't know if it was a neighbor's dog, a coyote, or a baby deer.  Either way, I probably shouldn't stay so late next time.

So, my normal day of cleaning my house (I did all the floors in the whole house and it took 10 minutes!  The best part of a small house.), doing homeschool, grocery shopping, cooking, dishes felt really good!  No sweating buckets.  No peeling the wet clothes off to shower while my muscles cry out in pain.  No dehydration.

Just a normal day.

Nice.

And all this hard work has me 6 pounds lighter and back into my favorite shorts that I couldn't fit into earlier this summer.

Comments

Vicky said…
I hope Michael learned by example from his dad to thank you for each meal you fix for him! :D
jeday0323 said…
Uh, he tries. He's not very vocal. Or complimentary.
Vicky said…
As long as he tries. You don't have to be very vocal or even complimentary to say, "Thank you!" :D
jeday0323 said…
I agree with you and that's all I'm going to say! :-D
Unknown said…
I can't believe you don't go to the house every day!! When we were building we lived 30 minutes from it, but drove there every day because we had to see it!!! lol
jeday0323 said…
I want to, but it's not as fun when no one comes with me!!