The Movers Delivered!

I was looking forward to today and dreading it all at the same time.  I guess that means I was looking forward to today being over.  :-)

The moving company and I went back and forth about whether the 18 wheeler truck could make it up these roller coaster roads in my neighborhood.  They ended up getting a U Haul "shuttle" and started loading it up with our stuff.  Half of our stuff filled it.  Yikes.  How did we get so much stuff??


So, the guys started doing that around 9, I was asked by the big truck driver to come down and get him at 9:30 so he could see if he could get the truck up there.  He determined that wouldn't be a problem, so by 10am we had both trucks in front of our rental house.

I felt SO BAD that they loaded and unloaded unnecessarily!  They assured me they had to do it anyway because if the 18 wheeler was full, it couldn't have made it up the hills.  Such nice guys.

Since I was in charge of the move, as chief officer of the home, I put Michael to work checking the sheet as each item came in.  That way I could run and get the guys waters, tell them where furniture goes, etc.  Kara was an angel (as usual) and stayed out of the way and quiet.


Look!  We got two couches in her room!  Yay!
One love seat has to stay in the hallway because it doesn't
fit through the door frames.  Kara likes it there.  Since it's
right outside her bedroom door, she likes to sit there
and read.

We ended up fitting both a couch and love seat in the
living room.  I'm thrilled!  It's not the best set up, but it
fits and it's only temporary.
Meanwhile, today was the first day I sat up off the
floor and my couches felt like clouds!

The spare bedroom is starting to fill up.  There ended
up being 3 times that stuff in there.  I will get to it
eventually!

All day Michael was on the hunt for wasps.  I've never
seen red wasps before, but they were all around and
Michael got every one that we saw today.

The kitchen is filling up.  And that's my pretty armoire!
There are twice as many boxes in there now.

Hello, pretty!!!!  I CAN'T WAIT to sleep on this tonight!

Loading up our bedroom.
I've since moved both of those.  :-)

OH MY WORD.  Was there ever a more
beautiful sight?  I'm going to sleep like
a rock tonight!
I pray Michael's and my backs are back
to normal in just a few short days.

I know you saw this on Facebook.
It was HOT today.  Not that I didn't think
it would be, but my Maryland friends
have been bragging about a cool front.
I'll brag in the winter, I guess!

It was a great day.  I asked Michael if we could go out to dinner tonight and he said, "Absolutely!  And I'm getting a STEAK."  lol.

I asked him if he wanted me to make it a priority for him to get his truck back in the garage - I could attack those boxes first.  He said, "nope."

I asked him if all the stuff in the spare bedroom would bother him since he works in there and he said, "nope."

I asked him if he wanted me to iron his pants for church tomorrow.  He said, "nope."

He said he thinks I should just leave everything and only unpack boxes as I need to go in them and pull something out.  While that's not really my nature, I appreciate that there is NO pressure to get things done.

You take the good with the bad.  And while there are certain parts of Michael's personality that are difficult, there are these parts that mean so much to me.  I need this.  And I'm grateful.  When I was praying for my husband in my teens and early twenties, I never thought to ask for this.  But God saw fit to give it to me anyway.  <3

Comments