Still Unpacking

I have gotten so much done in the last 24 hours.  Including a school day where I taught Kara least common multiples.  Yes.

Let's do a tour around the rental house.

Sitting on the couch, looking up at the junk in the hallway upstairs, I had this idea.  What if I put my pretty paintings that I can't hang right where I can see them, blocking the junk?  Genius!  They just kinda look like they are in prison.  :-)


See how it's right above the first floor?
Hi Kara!  (Yes, one box there with another
set of shelves I may not use at this house.)

While we're in the living room, here is my setup.  Two old dressers (I believe these are mine from the room I had since age 13.  My parents generously gave them to me when we got married and they are still around!).  That basket has the new blue blanket full of fuzzies.  I need to vacuum it again.



Our bedroom:

There is a nail still in the wall (not mine!)
and since our picture is super light,
I was able to hang it!

This is right next to Michael's night stand.  Since he doesn't
use it, I turned it sideways.  Look at all those boxes.  I
believe they will stay right there for the next 6-9 months
until I need them again.

Our closet.  The plastic shelves on the wire
shelves are new as of today.  Our jeans
were stacked so high, they needed some help.

I needed more shelves - these hold my shoes.

Can you tell I'm addicted to shelves?  I put these above my
laundry room wire shelves.  I don't have a whole lot in there
because I'm nervous it will be too heavy.

Another angle.  Can you tell I found the
box with all the extra hangers?  lol.

This is the foyer.  I still have work to do, but I set up
two sets of shelves on the left and it has camping gear,
winter stuff, swimming stuff, sunscreen, bug spray,
grill stuff, light bulbs, and other goodies.

And I found the shoe rack thing!  So I put
it on the door to the powder room.
Unfortunately that door doesn't close now,
but none of us use it anyway.  When guests
come, I'll take it down.

The upstairs hallway is looking much better!

Another angle of the upstairs hallway.

Further down the hall.  Three boxes with
candle stuff I need to open.

While we're in the hall, look in the closet.
I packed it full of boxes I'm not going to open.

Kara's room is looking better without those dining room
chairs in there.  Well, better, not cleaner.  This is what
happens when I'm not right next door and don't pick up
after her.  I am hoping she is enough like me and enough
like her father that she doesn't like living like this.
Even as kids Michael and I kept clean rooms.

Spare bedroom.  I set up more shelves on the right.
They have school supplies, Mom's magazines, that sort of
thing.

This is the closet in the spare bedroom.
I will stack all the pictures I cannot hang
here.  Also, boxes I'm not going to
open along the back (mostly decorations).

Homeschool book shelves.  This may look
busy and cluttered to you, but they are
beautiful to me!  The top isn't connected
to the bottom anymore, so I had to put
all the books on the bottom.

My office.  It's not super pretty, but it is extremely functional
and I LOVE it.  I'll save the pretty office for the next house.

Another angle.

I love all the deskspace.  And I found the cd player in a box
today.  All I need is for Michael to not be in there so I can
play it.  ;-)  (He spends every waking hour in this office -
work and afterward.)

Spare bedroom linen closet.  Twin blankets
on the bottom, queen blankets in the middle,
queen sheets above.

Peek a boo!  Hall closet again.  Christmas
tree and much more.

Kara's closet.  You guessed it - more
shelves!  Those sheets were stacking
super high and were going to fall over.

Summer and winter clothes.  For a girl who isn't into
clothes, I sure buy her a lot!  I can't help it - when
I see those 99 cent deals I go crazy.  But, she can wear
a lot of this for many years.  That red and white striped
shirt has been around for 3 years and it still fits.

Room for more clothes.  Dresses?  Nah!
Mamaw's pillow pallet bed.
She loves that thing!  Best present ever!

Kara's room looking a little more bare.
Not going to unpack those boxes full of
children's books.  I may make her pick
up that black pipe cleaner though.

Another shot of the upstairs hallway.  Those two boxes under
the table have Christmas decorations in them.

Looking down at the shelves.  My that's ugly.  lol!

Oh!  I forgot to take the garage pics.  Be right back.

MORE SHELVES.  Somehow I already owned all of these
and didn't need to buy any.  I think I accumulated so many
during my coupon days - for my stockpile, you know.
Anyway, that bag and big box on the right are on top of
the snow blower and will go out with recycling.
Bins with kitchen stuff and Kara's baby clothes that I'm
not going to open.  Tools.  Coolers.  Sprinklers, car wash,
a tarp, boat stuff.  Normal garage stuff.

Bins of kitchen stuff, snow sleds, 3 hoses,
shovels, snow shovels, rakes, etc.

By the way, can you tell I drove across many states in the
last few weeks?  My poor car is SO GROSS.  When the
house is in order, I'd LOVE to wash it!

Both cars and stuff are in!  Very nice!
So, little bits here and there and I'm good to go.  For a few months.  ;-)

I have kept up with laundry, cleaning bathrooms, keeping the kitchen clean, and vacuuming/sweeping the first floor.  Time to clean the whole house!  Thankfully it's a small place so it shouldn't take long.  :-)

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."  Colossians 3:23.  I make my house a home for the Lord.  I follow through with this move for the Lord.  And I want to praise Him for this whole experience!

Comments

Vicky said…
Wish I were close by so I could help!

I remember on Saturdays when the kids were growing up. The rule was, no outdoors play til the rooms were cleaned up. Michael was ALWAYS the first one out the door! Poor guy had to share a room with Nathanael, another Linus from Charlie Brown! :D