Next Few Weeks For the New House

I got a phone call from Bert today.  It had been a while since I heard from him, so it was nice to see what the next few weeks will hold for our house.

First of all, you saw where they were working on the fireplace.  He asked that I look online for pictures of the inside of fireplaces and see what pattern I want.  He said a lot of times they go with the herringbone, so I need to see if I like that:







I looked all of these up on google.  As I go back and forth between herringbone and regular brick pattern, I have to say I like the regular brick pattern!  My love of straight lines (and Michael's and Kara's, for that matter) will make the fireplace more pleasing to the eye for us.  So, that's decided!

He said they are ready to start putting the roof on the house, but it's been raining off and on all week.  (Doesn't bother me this time because so much else is getting done!)  The rain means cooler weather (yay!), but next week will be good and sunny for the roof.  He also said Monday they will be delivering the rock for the outside of the house.  We are using the same rock for the fireplace, but I don't know if they are doing that yet or not.  They will also paint the house soon too.  Not sure when, but it's on the list of things to do asap.

Electrical is still finishing up (they keep taking breaks here at the end because other stuff is happening).  I think all they have left to do is electrical in the tornado shelter.  That is a delicate process.  They are finishing up the shelter this week and going to pour concrete over the top next week.  I can't imagine the "finesse" that is going to take!  lol.  Speaking of the shelter, there is going to be a thick, steel door on the inside and a pretty door matching the rest in the house visible to the kitchen.

Here is what it looks like from the inside as of today (Friday):



Plumbing is all roughed in.

Lastly, the HVAC guys are finishing up - maybe another week or so.  This weekend I will go to the house and see where they have marked for the vents to go on the floors and approve that so they can do it next week.

SO, I think it will be early September when they do the drywall.  Seriously, that is crazy fast and I'm thrilled.  Even if early September turns into late September, that's still great!

By the way, here are the verses I've written so far:

Michael's office

Michael's office

Michael's bathroom vanity

Above my headboard

MY FAVORITE VERSE
Entry way to my bathroom

My bathroom vanity

My closet

My closet (clothed, get it?)

My laundry room (I pray a lot while I do laundry)

Mudroom

Exit point in garage

Kitchen, but it would have been
a good verse for the tornado
shelter, huh?

Kitchen

Foyer - I pray that's what is on
people's minds as they cross
the threshold

Dining room - give thanks

Dining room - no gossiping around my table please.

Homeschool room

Guest bedroom headboard

Guest room

Kara's closet

Kara's vanity - this may be my favorite

Kara's headboard

Kara's room

Comments

Unknown said…
The verses on the studs/floors are such a COOL IDEA!!!!
jeday0323 said…
I have heard friends do this when they built their houses and I've always wanted to. I'm going to keep going too and I hope to put more scripture around the house when it's finished too. I LOVE being surrounded by it.
Vicky said…
How cool! LOVE, love the scriptures idea! Great choices, too!