Wed and Thurs

Yesterday (Wednesday) I spent the morning making the phone calls I needed to make.  Still more people to tell we moved, bills stuff to do, electrician called, that sort of thing.  It took hours.  Then I face timed with my mom and talked her ear off for about an hour.

Then I realized after resting my back all night and all morning, I felt great, so I decided to set up the file cabinet.  The thing is, this is what the office / spare bedroom looked like:

That's my file cabinet in the middle of the room behind the
loveseat, under the box.  Yeah.

That's Kara's wardrobe behind Michael.  I don't know how
he works like this.  But he assured me he didn't care.

I really wanted to set up the file cabinet, but WHERE??  So, I did the thing I always do - if you're going to do something, do it right.  So, I went ahead and moved all the furniture and put it where I want to go.  I still have boxes to unpack, but at least the furniture is in place.


BEFORE

AFTER

Well, that's better.

You can see Michael has a little more breathing room now.

There is room for the queen sized bed to
be down full time with a loveseat at it's foot.
You can see I set up a little office for myself.
I still have boxes to unpack, but I took the printer,
the shredder, and the file cabinet because Michael rarely
uses any of those.
Also, those tall shelves are the cube ones from the
homeschool room, so I can load my books up there
and do my lesson plans in there.



I think it's going to be a really nice setup!

I am about halfway done.  I'll show you more pictures as the room comes together.

I made dinner, cleaned it up, and tried to figure out what was wrong with my face.  It was gritty.  Ah, yes, I sweat a bunch.  Every day I'm here I sweat like crazy.  I drink tons of water all day, but I'm dehydrated enough to have leg cramps in my sleep once a week or so.  That's an awful way to wake up.  Bedtime showers and lots of laundry are a must!

Today is Thursday.  While texting my mom good morning, she said it was really pretty in Maryland and to see if it's pretty here.  It sure was!  I sat on my porch and watched the sun sparkle on the water for about an hour while I ate breakfast and sipped my coffee.



Then I spent the whole day in the kitchen cooking for Merideth.  Kara and I are going to her house this weekend and since Merideth is pregnant and baby wants spicy food, I made a bunch of Mexican stuff.  Here is what I made:
 * Mexican rice
 * shredded white meat chicken baked in salsa
 * dark meat chicken cooked in taco seasoning with cheese and corn
 * homemade salsa
 * homemade guacamole
 * avacado lime ranch dressing
 * 2 batches dirt pudding (one for Michael)
 * 2 batches shepherd's pie (Seth's favorite meal I make him)
 * 2 batches banana muffins (some to bring, some to keep at home)

I also went shopping so I could bring fixins to go with this mexican feast:  flour tortillas, corn shells, 2 bags chips, lettuce, grape tomatoes, sour cream, 2 kinds of cheese, jalapeños, ETC.

Obviously I'm planning to leave all of that there for them to eat on all week.

Kara entertained herself all day.....again.  At least she had a blast!  She read her book, played on the computer, and played with pipe cleaners.

Kara's homemade toolbelt.
(It's a good thing I told you it was
homemade or you never would have
been able to tell.)
She has an arrow, a target, a hook for
picking things up, a knife, a pad for
her hand, and a few other goodies.

Then we went to go see the house because I heard the windows were installed today.

Wow!

Our bedroom windows.



This is going to go on the second story of
the foyer.  It will look small when it's up
there, but right now it's HUGE!  I wanted
to take a picture of it with Kara in front.
It's 6 feet wide and about 8 feet tall.
It's leaning back against the wall and still
doesn't look very big in this picture!

Oh my.  These beauties.  This was one of the first things I
KNEW I wanted in this house.  And they're here.
Let's all have a moment of silence to revel in their
beauty and thank God for heaping bountiful blessings
on the Days.


FYI, this was my inspiration picture for these:


Mine are even better!!

I can't believe how much is done at the house.  I love seeing a whole team of people there working instead of a guy here and a guy there.  When we renovated our first floor in Maryland, we had one person working part time and it took forever!  This is so different from that!

Tomorrow we go see Merideth!  I can't wait.  I love that she is so much closer and I can't wait to see her pregnant belly.  <3

Comments

Vicky said…
Is that a "guest" bed you set up in the office? :D
jeday0323 said…
Why, yes it is! Would you like to come sleep on it? :-D
Vicky said…
YES! Eventually! :D