Vacation House

It's Saturday morning, which means coffee, HGTV, and Food Network for me.  (It used to mean cartoons, but after all those years with Kara as a little one, she's bigger and I get the remote back!)  This morning I'm catching up on several episodes of a show called Vacation House For Free.  The idea is, you can buy a house, fix it up, then rent it out part of the year to cover the annual costs and you get to keep it the rest of the year for free.  Such a neat idea.  (And now you know why rentals are so expensive!)

All through this show, I hear stories from these families who live and work in one place, usually a city or a busy place, and they have their favorite vacation destinations, usually involving a lake or ocean or mountains.  They keep going back to that favorite town because it's just heaven on earth for them.  It means relaxation, play, family time, and getting in touch with nature.

I love hearing these stories and watching their dreams come true.  They have worked hard to get here (all that free comes with years of working and saving to get to that point), and they have earned it.

Do you have a place like that?  A place you love, that makes you feel relaxed, happy, calm, and gives you time to really recharge with God and feel closer to Him?

Michael and I definitely feel like that on a cruise ship!  lol.  But you knew that already.  It is definitely more busy than we'd like though.  We usually don't do many excursions because we really want to relax, sit in the quiet, and look at the water.  And the food is pretty nice too.  ;-)

I grew up visiting my grandparents for vacation - their place was in the woods and just down the street was a beautiful lake.  I grew up loving lake water - no sharks, no salt, no riptide, and a great place for boats!  I absolutely love boats.  My ideal day is spending the day on the boat eating fruit and snacks all day, swimming right off the boat and climbing in and out via ladder, all while laughing with my family.  And, of course, the evening would be back in that cabin in the woods with a fire crackling in the fire pit.  I even love the smell of sunscreen and off because it reminds me of this.

Michael and I have always wanted to live on a lake - it's something we talked about doing when we retired since before we got married.

God led us to the south, and to a lake that lets us feel like vacation land.  Then He told us we get to LIVE IN OUR VACATION HOUSE.  I mean, it doesn't get any better than that.

So, I'm watching this show, so happy for the people that they get their vacation house.  But, I'm secretly wishing they got to live there all the time.  Imagine how their life would change.

I'm not in the final house yet, but my life has changed so much since moving here.  In my Vacation town.

Thank you God for this blessing!

Comments

Vicky said…
Tell Michael he's gonna need a BIGGER boat when all of the Days come to visit! :D
jeday0323 said…
Lol! We will probably rent one, not buy one. But spending time on a giant boat with all of you sounds WONDERFUL!