Great Weekend

We had such a great weekend.  Friday we got to hang out with our new friends.  I'm not sure if I mentioned them or not, but they are new to homeschooling and we are new to the area, so we were both looking for friends.  They are a perfect fit for us and we are so thrilled.  Kara and I both don't need a bunch of friends, we just need one or two really good friends.  As far as we're concerned, we're complete.  They're great.

Saturday Michael and I went out to lunch, and we stopped by the house first.  Now that the changes are so much bigger, he has more to see every week.  We showed up to find a handful of workers there!  I said, "they are so mean to make you work on a Saturday!"  To which they replied, "We asked to be here - it's great Christmas money."  Wow.  I love it.  If they want some extra money, I am 100% in favor of them getting a head start on my house.  :-)  Chris said some guys asked to come in Christmas Eve!

Have I shown you my marble for my bathroom?  I know I have, but I can just cry looking at it.  I can't even tell you.  I want to hug it.  Wear it as jewelry.  Carry it with me every day so I can look at it.


I mean, I'm a little obsessed.  It's just my dream come true.


I think I showed you this one - this is going
in Michael's bathroom.

Look how far they've gotten in Kara's ceiling.  This will be painted white, but you'll still see the knots showing through.



The front steps are really coming along.  It's easier to see in the second picture how high they are bringing up the dirt.  Way up there is the bottom step.



Then I got to baking.  It finally cooled off enough this weekend to bake.  I made 6 dozen of these cookies - my mom's recipe - and Kara helped me with the sprinkles.  At first, they tasted nothing like my mom's and I was so disappointed.  She makes hers green and in the shape of trees, and mine are just white blobs with sprinkles.  As soon as I took a bite when I was watching tv and not looking at the cookie, it tasted the same as hers!  The color and shape difference was seriously messing me up!  lol.

My little artist took FOREVER to
decorate these because she had an idea
and theme for each one.  I love her.

Kara wanted to decorate one like the
American flag.  <3

I told her she gets to eat the flag cookie!
It was made with love!

I also made cinnamon rolls (with less butter this time) and peanut butter bars with snickers baked in.  I packed a box and brought it to the house for the guys to say thank you.



While I was dropping off the cookies and things, I took pictures of the tiled floors.  The tiler did all three of these rooms by himself in a day and a half!  He is GOOD.  (For those of you that don't watch HGTV like the addict I am, those circle things are spacers.)

Michael's bathroom

Michael's bathroom

My bathroom

My bathroom

This is the laundry room floor
This is the same tile that is going in
Michael's shower.  Isn't it pretty?
Can you see it through the dust?

Sunday was a day for 5 loads of laundry (including sheets), vacuuming, and watching the third Hobbit movie with Michael.  I also did lesson plans, which turned into lesson plans for the next 4 weeks or so - because of holidays and travel.  Which turned into thinking about how I'd like to finish 5th grade by March, so we can start 6th grade up in the new house.  We certainly are not in any race, but I do see that we need to do more Writing and Science to be done in time.  We shall see!

Today is Monday, but it's no ordinary Monday.  It's the Monday before Christmas.  So, we are going to do school and some of our Christmas traditions.

I hope your weekend was as great as mine!

Comments