I'm Having Fun

I hope you like talking about building houses because it is all house all the time around here!  I am having the time of my LIFE!!!

Here are some new pictures.  Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the closets we designed today!  That was about the most fun thing I've ever done.  :-)

You will see me very excited about lights and electricity.  This is a huge step - we are planning a day to go to the house in the dark.  We are waiting for a clear day so we can look at stars on the porch.

Electrical panels are done!



Trim around Michael's closet door and I
see a light switch.  :-)

What is in that powder room?  Well, about
three thousand feet of extension cords,
plus a LIGHT.  Yes, my friends, lights
are exciting.

The tile guy came this morning and dropped
this off in my closet.  Then headed out to
Huntsville to get my tile that came in.
YAY!

My bathroom - lots of outlets and
switches.

Where my sink will go in my bathroom.
More and more outlets, and I see three
lights on the ceiling.  And a bulb in the
middle of the ceiling.  Good lighting is
essential!

Inside my bathroom.  My toilet room on the left,
the door to my bedroom on the right.

My bedroom - looking at the side of the
house.  Look at all the trim - plus
a baseboard!

Where our bed will go.  I can't wait to use
these sconces to read.
Lots of outlets are a must too - each
side of the bed gets four outlets.
With sconces, we won't need lamps, so
all 4 on each side will go to electronics.

Powder room - extension cords and a LIGHT.

It was a smidge foggy this morning.  See the lake?  Me either.

Trim around door from mudroom to main
hallway.  (You can kind of see the trim
around the door to Michael's office too.)

And more fog.

My kitchen.  Isn't it lovely?  I can see it now!

I'm just excited the light switches and outlets work.

Sliding door - trim, baseboards, switches, pretty.

Room off the kitchen - more trim.  More fog.

Light switches!
Looking out the sliding door to the french doors.

My family room, looking into the dining room.
I'm so embarrassed, the place is a mess.  ;-)

Trim around a french door.

Trim around all three french doors.
I HEART these french doors.

Family room fireplace.  Green line =
where mantle will go.  I want to do one
piece of wood - we are looking to find some
reclaimed stuff from another job that had some.

Back in my room.  Why are we looking at this?  I don't know.
I do like the morning light.

When they take the rest of these stickers, I may not know
how to clean them anymore.  This is for my files.

The fog is burning off in the morning sun, but I still can't
see the lake under the blanket.

Cool, huh.
Closets coming soon!!

Comments

Vicky said…
Looking good! I'm surprised to see the baseboards going in already. I would have thot those wouldn't go in til after all the flooring was taken care of. Can't wait to see what you decided on the closets! :D
jeday0323 said…
I gave up trying to figure out what order they do things! I think when the teams of builders are available drives a lot of it.