Random Stuff


Today was horse riding lessons for Kara.  She has been working for years to learn how to post while trotting.  And today, she finally did!!  It was amazing!  Her confidence went sky high.  I'm so proud of her.

The house is really coming along.  They have done little things this week:  take the stickers off the windows, clean up around the outside of the house, clean up around the inside of the house, almost finished with drywall, and waterproofed all bathrooms/laundry rooms.  Tomorrow more outdoor stone arrives, then sometime next week our interior doors arrive.  Today they brought a ton of tongue and groove wood for ceilings.  I love that stuff.

The ant sprayer finally arrived.  I started calling three weeks ago - it's about time.  Now we can put our stuff back in cabinets, we can use our countertops, and we can use the cooktop!  Ah.  So much better.  That spun me into a cleaning frenzy - 3 loads of laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, putting away boxes of stuff I brought home from my parents house, etc.

The weather is all over the place around here.  It's warm and rainy one day, sunny and chilly the next day, sunny and warm another, I'm so confused.  The heat goes on, then the A/C, then windows open.  I wear flip flops and short sleeves one day, I'm cold in a jacket the next.  I think it's kind of hilarious.  And I'll take a cool day any time.  Praise God none of us have allergies.

Kara got ahold of the old keyboard I had as a kid and invented a song.  I hope I can upload it here.   She went right to work, which I love about her.  I'm not looking forward to puberty taking the little girl out of her and stopping her from learning/expressing herself via play.

Nope, can't do it.

Her song is about living in the shadows.  I asked her if she was depressed or something, and she said, "no, I just love being shy and quiet and not needing a lot of friends to be happy."  Well, that sounds good, then!  I think this musical side of her comes from my mom - my mom played several instruments and was a song leader in high school (which means dancer).  And my mom lives for every kind of music and dances to all of it.

I can't think of any more random things.  Happy Thursday!

Comments