Closets

Okay, I took pictures of the pencil drawings on the wall, then I drew them on powerpoint so you could understand them better.  Here we go.

Let's start with my closet because it's the most exciting!





12 inch cabinets to the right of the door
to the bathroom

Hole in the wall on the right is where security system stuff
goes, so there is long hanging dresses in front so it's easy
to access

Double hanging clothes on left, long hanging clothes on
right, shelves in the middle (for purses)

Closer picture

This wall has the door to the laundry room.  Another
set of double hanging clothes

To the left of the door to the bathroom -
all the exciting jewelry and shoes stuff

Closer picture of bottom

Closer picture of jewelry

drawers and shelves

Zoomed in



Now we'll go to Michael's closet.

Right inside door from bathroom,
double hanging clothes

Row of shelves for back, including a space
for shotgun(s) in this corner

Look at all those shelves!

Shelves

Guest room closet.  I wanted room for clothes, room for homeschool books, and room to put my desk (folding table) when guests come and need to use the homeschool room as another bedroom.

Shelves

Room to hang clothes

Long and shorter

Shelf for shoes

Loads of shelves - the big ones on bottom
are for guests' blankets

Around the corner, showing different
depths of the shelves


Intentionally left empty so I can fold my table/desk
and put it away
And finally, Kara's room.  I wanted to plan for her as a 9 year old, and also plan for her to be a teenager/adult (with the jewelry holder, area for dresses, and shoe racks).


Looking into her closet from the hallway
(Door in the back goes to her bathroom)

Shallow shelves in between doors

Shallow shelves in between doors

Shallow shelves in between doors

2 ft long hanging on left, 4 ft double
hanging on right


16 inch shelves

12 inch shelves on left of corner
16 inch shelves on right of corner


So, the deal with these closets is it's not in the budget to get one of those fancy companies to come in and do a closet system with fancy gadgets.  So, my contractor came in with a tape measure and pencil and drew me these options (I picked what I wanted) based on what is easy for his carpenters to put together.  I may be pushing the budget for closets as it is, but this is just going to be wood painted white.  Not fancy, but VERY functional.

I'm very excited to get all of our stuff in there and see how much we currently have.  I have a feeling those are going to be empty closets for quite a while.  We will probably grow into them.

Comments

Vicky said…
WOOHOO! I'm all about the function, not the fancy, too! :D "ONE OF THESE DAYS" I'll get you to help me organize and design shelves for my craft room! :D
jeday0323 said…
I would LOVE to organize shelves with you!! I know, I'm a weirdo. Although, last time I was in your craft room, it looked pretty organized to me!