Tuesday, Dec 29

I was supposed to meet Chris at the house at 9 this morning to talk about the closets, then he surprised me and said the cabinetry guy was going to be there too.

So, I pulled up and saw the garage doors on the house!  They still need hardware.  And I think I'll take those dividers off the windows.  But, they're pretty!  We could even swing the steel doors vs the vinyl ones.  Awesome.

Michael's boat garage - they said this is the
largest garage door they have ever done
for a residential building.  Wait until you
see this beast in person.

Here is one of the garage doors for the house.

Then we worked with the cabinetry guy giving an overview of what I want in the kitchen, pantry, mudroom, powder room, Michael's bathroom, my bathroom, Kara's bathroom, the guest bathroom, and the garage bathroom.  Whoa.  That's a lot of cabinets.  We'll see what his quote is!

Then Bert showed up and he and Chris disappeared.  I was talking cabinets with the cabinet guy, then Chris said, "shhh.  Come with me.  But be quiet because you don't want to spook it."

Then we tip toed toward the garage.

And peeked around the corner.

And saw a deer head!  One that was dead and mounted.  Bahahahaha!  Bert said he brought it for a house warming gift (because he knows I don't like them).  Those pranksters!

Then we talked about a million other little things.  The pantry has electricity and can start with drywall soon, the porches are coming along, the trim, etc, etc, etc.

Then they said all the things they need from me soon and I thought this is a terrible time to travel to Maryland.  So, I ran all over town picking floors, picking paint color, and begging them to let me pick appliances when I get back.

I went to the supply store at the base of the mountain and picked every sample they had of 5 inch wide 3/4 thick prefinished hardwood floors I could find and brought them to the house.  The sweet rock guy helped me clear the floor around the fireplace and lay the samples next to the stone to see what matched.  I already had my favorite before I even left the store, but in case it didn't match, I had back ups.

Left one is my favorite.  Does it match
well enough?

That one on the right has more red in it.
But I don't really like it.
It looks good with the stone though.

The gorgeous Mexican Coffee one standing
up on the right is gorgeous, but looks
awful with the stone.

Yep, my favorite one looks great and I'm
picking it!

The best part?  The floors are under budget, so we are putting hardwood floors in the master bedroom!!!  Yes!!!

Then I had to drive to Sherwin Williams in the next town over to pick out interior paint colors.

Here was my inspiration:

I want it to feel very open and light
and airy.  And I like the beige
and gray of the paint color.  (The
new word for that is greige.)


I came up with Agreeable Gray for the wall
color, Extra White for the trim, and
Alabaster for the ceilings.

Chicken truck!  I saw like 6 of them today.
If I drank, it would be a new drinking game.
Chicken truck!
Let's make a new game called the
chocolate game.  Chicken truck!  Now we
all eat a snickers.

I love the ceiling color.  I love the bright
white trim.  I don't love the wall color.
On the wall, it looks like mud.
Gross.  They said they'd see if they had
time to get another wall color option
for me tomorrow before I leave.

This was a super fun day!  I can't wait to pick out appliances.  It sounds like I won't have to since they need them soon.  :-)

I'm having so much fun!

Comments