Horse Lessons and a House Update

It's been a while since I've posted an update on the house since there was a bit of a lull during the Thanksgiving season.  :-D  There will be another lull during Christmas/New Year's, I'm sure.  At least we are no where near a deadline or anything.

First of all, this is happening here on December 10th.  I'm told this is unusual for northern Alabama - this is just because of El Nino.


Kara rode Bella today - she rode her last week too.  Bella is a gorgeous mustang from New Mexico and is 100% professional and sweet.  She is also the farm's alpha, which is kind of cool.  She is very sweet to Kara - but that could be because of the treats she gets after she rides her.



Here she is in the ring, posting like a pro.  She can feel when she is doing it right because she says, "ah, the bumpiness just melts away."




I'm so proud of her!

After a good lesson (30 minutes or so of posting - wow!), Kara got to take Bella out through the obstacle course by herself.  Bella is so big, Kara had to duck as she rode her outside.  lol.



After the obstacle course, she got to ride Bella around the property.  She looked great.


While Kara went for that little ride, the doggies kept me company.  I pet this guy once and he was my new best friend.



After the lesson (and some time for Kara to pet the kitties), we went to the new house.  Look at all that's been done in the last few days!

They fixed the siding and trim around the window they
had to move.  They also beefed up the trim around the
door.

This door's trim has been beefed up too.


Doors!  Doors everywhere!  Yay!  Wow, we have a lot of doors.




Look!  Some are even installed!  They are insanely heavy, which I hope translates to long lasting and good quality.  Well, I know they're good quality - I did a lot of research.  Who knew there were so many different kinds of doors....

Door to master bedroom
Can you see they have started the trim?

Door to Michael's bathroom
More trim beginnings.
Boy, I love those dark hinges.  For anyone
 keeping track, that's oil rubbed bronze.

The next Vanna White.

My bathroom

I believe this is the pocket door in Michael's
bathroom.

TRIM!  Working guys sawing trim.

They have a LOT to do.

I have no idea why that door on the right has slats in it.
I think it's hideous.  :-(

Foyer

Kara's laundry closet.

Modeling for the laundry closet

Kara's room.  She shut that door quickly
and said, "Goodbye!"  :-)

But I can sneak in her closet.
Look at all those doors that are hung already.
Yay!

In Kara's closet, looking into the hallway.

Kara says, "I gotta show you something."

"Hello!"

In Kara's room, looking toward the door to the hallway
(on the left) and her bathroom (door not hung yet).

Stomping bubble wrap.  Great fun,
no matter what your age.

It is so exciting to be at this point.  We have so far to go, but I love going in the right direction!

Just got a text from Bert - we are going to meet with the garage door guys tomorrow morning to discuss trim.

Fun!

Comments