Tour Around the House

If you've met me, you know I really live the saying, "a place for everything and everything in it's place."  It turns out I even married someone who thinks that makes total sense and enjoys living by it too.

Well, when you move, that's just not going to happen.  And sitting at home makes me squirm because things aren't put away.  So, if I'm home, I can't just sit still and relax, I have to pack and clean.  (Hence the reason I'm heading to a friend's house for the day.)

Let's take a tour through the house so I can one day look back at this and see the *joy that is moving.*  (Enter *sarcasm.*)

Let's start in the basement and work our way up.

Everything is packed.  Whatever isn't in a box, is an empty box.
Whatever isn't in a box or isn't packing material,
is staying here for the new owners.

Except that extension cord.  I should put that in the garage.

The basement living room is looking pretty sparse!

The basement bedroom is all packed.  All the drawers
are empty, the closet is empty, the bed linens are all being
used as packing material, and that flower arrangement
is staying for future owners.  It came from my first house -
they left it behind for me.

The basement bathroom is good to go.
Shower curtain and rings are even packed.

Look at that empty linen closet!
Those tiles are extra for the floor - staying here.

The living room is packed.  The shelves next to the couch are
packed, all the stuff in and on my mantle are packed.
Can you see boxes in the corner?

Boxes and bins in the corner of the
family room.

The kitchen is pretty empty too.  While I never really liked
keeping much on the counters, 80% of the drawers are packed.

The sitting room next to the kitchen is packed and has the
kitchen's boxes on there.  Guess what color the kitchen got
in my color coded box labeling scheme?  Purple!

The dining room is all packed too.  That big armoire is
totally empty - top to bottom.  All the stuff in there took up
about 8 large and extra large boxes.

The hall closet is looking pretty empty.  Cleaning stuff, tools,
2 jackets, and a hanging bag of bags.

Look at that homeschool room!  Even though junk is everywhere,
everything is packed.  I have two shelves full of our current
homeschool books because I WISH we were still doing
school now, but there is just no time.

You can see the bins full of stuff we are bringing
in our vehicles.  And that blanket on top is being
saved for Michael to pack his computer
equipment in.

At least the homeschool room's closet is empty.  I had to take
all the boxes out of there when I was labeling and color
coding all the boxes.  I left the two heaviest ones in there.

Kara's room looks good.  Have you noticed how
bare the walls are?  Only the big pictures are left.

The drawers and cabinets are empty.

Her closet is mostly packed.

The hall linen closet only has a few things
left - and I'm saving those to pack our
tvs in.

I packed out Michael's bathroom.

The office is one of the last things to go.
Michael uses his computers for work
and video games.  And I still need that
printer/scanner.  I feel like I use it daily!

The file cabinet will be packed next week
into those blue boxes.

I emptied the shelves in the closet in the office.

And the movers are taking whatever
suitcases we don't use.
Yes, we have a lot.  I seem to need a lot
when it's time to go on a cruise.

Our closet is looking sparse too.  Maybe
this is how your closet looks all the time,
but not mine!

Look at all those empty shelves in my closet.
I did save that heating pad for my
back.  I haven't needed it yet - shhh,
don't spook it.

More empty shelves in my closet.

Can you see Waldo, er, Kara?
We have boxes in the corners of our room.

And all bedside tables are empty.
And the dresser is almost empty.

And the armoire is empty (except the tv
and dvd player).

My bathroom is all packed.  I used to have LOADS of stuff
under there!  I put 8 plastic drawers under there so I could
fit even more stuff.  All packed.

Packed.

Packed.
Looking good, huh!?  I have very little that I can even pack right now.  I need to save just about everything I haven't packed so far.  Well, maybe I could do a few more things this week.  And I'll be able to look at this blog post to remind me of what needs to be done.  :-)

I'm keeping count, and I have 91 boxes packed so far (not including bins of stuff that we are bringing in our vehicles with us.  More to go!  We will definitely hit 100.

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW!!! You are a packing MACHINE! I love how organized you are!