Packing, Boxes, Packing Boxes

Just when I think I have gotten so much done, I turn around and realize I still have quite a ways to go.  *sigh*  Thank goodness we still have about three weeks left.

I decided to get a head start on my box numbering and color coding, and it's a good thing I did!  I have so many boxes already packed!  And still so many to go.


I wrote what is inside each box, put a number on top of each box with a circle around it, and the room the box goes in with a box around that.  AND I put a colored tape on each box that corresponds with the room it's going to.



Overkill?  Yes.  But since I won't be unpacking everything in this house, I envisioned one day in 6 months wanting to find something I left packed.  Instead of rooting through box after box, stacking them and unstacking them, I wanted to just sort through my pictures and find where the thing is I'm looking for.  Doesn't that sound smart?  :-D

Once again, future laziness makes a little harder work now.  And that, my friends, is called efficiency.  :-)

Or something.

Comments

Unknown said…
LOVE the color coding! That's a fantastic idea! I have to color code our master calendar in the kitchen! I would totally do that with the boxes.