Move Song

Around the time Michael and I started feeling like we were led to move (about a year ago), we started singing this song regularly at church.  It's all about singing to God how I am ready for Him to lead me where He calls me, even if it's crazy or uncomfortable to me.  It touches on my fear of failure and reassures me that God never fails.  It's about not limiting God.  It's about realizing that when He calls me to something big, it can get overwhelming, but if I keep my focus on Him, it will be fine.  I love it.

Last spring/summer we sang this song several times, then Michael and I were talking a lot about moving, both feeling led, then there was a sermon calling us to ask God what big thing He is telling us to do.  We had to write what he was calling us to on the walls of the church and the staff (and others) prayed over all of it for us.  You know the whole story, but that is what was happening at church during all of it.  Now, every time we sing this song, I think of it as our move song.  So, on the last Sunday at the church I have attended for 20 years, we sang this song.  Perfect.

I started going to this church with my family when I was 15.  You see, they had the best looking boys in the youth group.  That was my priority as a 15 year old, so we stayed there.  I was a believer, but I didn't understand what it meant to fully give my life and my everything over to God.  I learned how to do this under Drew's preaching.  I learned who God really was and deepened my relationship with Him while attending Maureen's Bible studies.  I learned my spiritual gifts and figured out that working on the finance team was not only my gift, but my joy, and I served there for a solid 8 years.  I met my husband there.  I got married there.  I raised my daughter there.  I met every dear friend I have there - Lara, Stephanie, Merideth, Maureen, etc.

While God was working on me and He just used the church to do this (I'm trying to say the church isn't what I worship - God is), I will miss it.  And they sent me on my way, with my move song:

"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"


You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

[6x]
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

Oh, Jesus, you're my God!

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful Jessica! Praying for the adventure God is leading you on! Love you girl!!