Still Moving Forward

Today was the termite inspection.  I'm assuming it will go well since we've had Orkin for more than 8 years, the entire time we've lived here.

Today we also heard back from the VA appraisal - before they will go any further, they need us to put in a railing for the front steps.  It will be tacky and ugly.  And it will be totally pointless because the sloped driveway alone is the main entrance to the house.

Michael is disappointed - it would be faster, easier, and cheaper to just rip the steps out.  I am trying to be sweet to the these first time home buyers, and they like the steps, so I am putting a railing in for them.  He says we have already done too much.

Meanwhile, here I am, 11 days from closing, calling in every favor I can with the guys who helped fix up our house before we put it on the market and asking them to come TOMORROW to install the railing so the VA guy can come re-inspect in time to approve the loan.  So we can keep closing on schedule.

So much for the afternoon I had planned tomorrow!

Oh, and I can add on going to the bank, getting Alabama electricity paperwork notarized (rolling my eyes now), and running that paperwork to the post office to my errands.

Well, gotta get another fat check ready for that railing.

I feel like I've run a marathon and I'm one mile away.  Please, let this be over soon.  I just want to focus on boxes and movers and cleaning.

I found these online and they all apply.  Thank you, Lord, for your promises.  <3







My all time favorite verse







Since it is evening, I count this day as done.  The movers will be here in 8 days.  We drive out of this state 2 days after that.

Comments

Vicky said…
a RAILING???????? WOW!!! Just, WOW!!!!! I pray this is the LAST crazy request!!!!!
Unknown said…
Love all the quotes!!!
Unknown said…
Love all the quotes!!!
Unknown said…
Love all the quotes!!!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Hmmmm said that 4 times! Really? Can't delete for the life of me so maybe I love all the quotes times 4!!!! Haha!