Thursday, May 2nd

Today was definitely a Kara day. :-) It just so happened she got to do both things in one day: Pottery and Horse Riding Lessons.

First, she's becoming a regular at pottery.  It's so nice when she's the only one in her class - she gets to do loads of stuff, she gets to decide what she wants to do, and I get my money's worth!  lol!  The teacher said, "what do you want to do today, sweetie?"  She said, "make a bowl."  It's her favorite.  She can do just about all of it by herself now.  Here is the bowl she made yesterday.  (They're getting bigger and bigger!)


Then she also glazed some cool pot things she made the other day:



After pottery, we came home and changed for horse riding lessons.  This time she rode a big horse!  I told her he's stronger than her pony Strudel and when you kick to make him go, you have to kick harder so he can feel it.  My poor little one has very little muscle, so he could barely feel it.  :-)  Meet Corey:



Corey is a sweet old man, and was very good to Kara.  She did a fantastic job steering him around (while the teacher held him on a super long lead rope, just for a backup).  She learned how to reverse too.

Kara had a blast and it's very good for her to be doing something physical - this is not her natural strength.  Kara is a very active kid - but controlling the muscles of her body all at once is difficult for her.  I don't expect her to be an expert in just a few months (like she would be at pottery or math or whatever), I just expect her to try her best and have fun while she's doing it.

We couldn't help but saying hi to Strudel on our way out.  Strudel was in the far corner of her little pen area, but came all the way over to see us.  (I think she thought we had treats, but I'm sure it's because she loves Kara too.)  ;-)


Hmmmm, you don't taste like treats...

Hey, ma'am, do you have any treats??

Kara came home totally blissed out.  :-)

Meanwhile, Michael and I are refinancing the house (the rates now are UNREAL), which is a part time job for me - so many phone calls and emails and finding account numbers and addresses for everything financial we have in our entire life.  Whoa.  I'm glad I'm not teaching now because that would be a lot.  Christina is having good days and bad days.  I'm trying to sneak little pockets of time in to see my mom, who's still busy with my sister.  I started a new Bible study with my friend:  a study on the fruit of the spirit that I've done before, but need desperately to do again.  I am working on next year's curriculum.  I'm going on a women's retreat with my church this weekend, which is fantastic timing.  Then it's home to start packing for our BIG CA trip!  (Remember, I pack for weeks.)  ;-)

Have a great weekend, everyone.  It's supposed to be beautiful.  I'll be up in the mountains connecting with my sweet Savior on a deeper level.  Ahhhhh.  :-)

Comments