Day 6 - Fly to Seattle and drive to Forks

We woke up Monday to drive the rental car to San Francisco Airport, and get on a flight to Seattle. Sounds simple, doesn't it?  Well, I gave myself 15-20 minutes to return the rental car, then head upstairs to check the bags.  Weeellllllll, the rental car return areas are buildings VERY far away from the airport.  It took forever to find them, then forever to return our car, then time started speeding by as we ran wherever we could, then waited an eternity for each tram thing.  Whoa.  Stress.  Then we got to the large airport (which doesn't intimadate me - I'm used to large airports with BWI in my backyard), which was insanely crowded.  We wheeled our large, heavy suitcases all over the place, ended up in the wrong line, etc.  We RAN down to the gate, only to find out it was delayed an hour!  As we were sweating and CRYING to everyone we had to show our boarding passes to, you'd think someone could have told us.  Anyway, as my stress level came down, Kara decided to be very disappointed her little toe got run over.  Twice.  During the shuffle of things.  An apology by me was certainly not enough, to which I told her she needed to get over it.  My toes were run over and stubbed way more.

Stress level came down, we ate a quick breakfast, then we got on the plane.  Ahhhh.  Just a short 2 hour flight to Seattle.  The mountains were gorgeous and it was a fairly nice day, so once we got our rental car and started out for the 3 and a half hour drive, we enjoyed the view.  Evergreens.  EVERYWHERE.  So, so beautiful.  Absolutely stunning.  As we got further and further west, the "city" dropped off and the views became unreal.  The mountains are amazing - straight up, covered in evergreens, straight up into the clouds.  It reminded me so much of Alaska, which is one of the most beautiful places on earth, if you ask me.

We were an hour away from Forks, when we hit Port Angeles.  For those of you who aren't into Twilight, this is about to get really boring.  For those of you who like to geek out like I do, enjoy the ride!

We tried to save all the sites for the next day, but Port Angeles was right there, so we drove through it....


And stopped at Bella Italia.  This is the restaurant where Bella and Edward went in Twilight after he rescued her.  This was where they had the conversation that changed everything.


They have a cool plaque outside from when Stephenie Meyer visited, and a copy of the signed book she gave them.  Coooooool!!


Right next door:  the movie theater!!  Bella and Jessica went there in New Moon, then Bella went with Jacob and Mike later on in New Moon.  I was almost in tears.  This trip is sooo cool!


The views from Port Angeles to Forks is ah-may-zing.  Lake Crescent is officially my favorite place on the planet.  Nothing is more gorgeous.


As I snapped a picture, a logging truck came by!  How perfect!  Rainy, green, moss, logging trucks.  Ah, it's all in the books, just like Stephenie/Bella described.  :-)


I'm not sure if you can see, but coming down those mountains on one side of the road were waterfalls, which ran underneath the road to the most beautiful lake I've ever seen on the other side.


Lake Crescent.  The camera doesn't do it justice!!


Almost there.....


And the next day I woke up in Forks, ready to see the town!!  Until then....I'll leave you with a little cliff hanger.  :-)

Comments

Kattrina said…
Yay, so exciting!
Elisabeth said…
I'm enjoying the pictures! I really want to go out west one day.