Day 9 - Fly home from Seattle

We had plenty of time to get to the airport this day, so of course we got to the airport early and the flight was delayed.  Stuck at the airport, I was disappointed and ready to just be home already.  Kara didn't mind:


We just plugged her computer in and let her play her game on the free airport wifi and she was happy!

We finally got on the plane, an hour or so late because there were going to be storms here in MD when we arrived home.  Then we flew across the country, which went really well - my mom and I were able to watch 2 movies together, which made the time go by pretty quickly.

Then they announced, "I'm sure you've noticed we've been going in circles."  Well, they had been circling over BWI with no clearance to land because the storms were still in the area.  Since we were low in gas, we diverted to Pittsburgh, then they changed their mind and said Columbus.  I thought of my sister in law Jessica right away, but then I realized it was a work night, midnight, and we weren't allowed to go on the other side of security, so I gave up on trying to see her.

Several hours later we left Columbus and got home to BWI to my sweet husband who missed us so much.  I could tell by the way he greeted me with, "Hey."  :-)  What can I say?  He's a man of few words!

We got home around 2am, and after changing into pjs, a shower, and brushing teeth, we were in bed by 2:45.

The next day we didn't do much.  :-)

Comments