Day 8 - Forks and Seattle

Well, it's time to start the looooong trip home.  We are at the far north west corner of the country, and need to get to the far mid east end of the country.  So, we took a few more pictures in Forks, then headed to Seattle.

Here's Dr. Cullen's parking spot.  I have to crop this - right next to this sign was a window with people inside.


On the way out we got a picture of the town sign.  Perfect.  :-)


I was there!


There's one classical radio station, one preaching station, and one other station that plays everything else.  What should you name that one catch-all station in Forks?  Twilight FM of course!



Passing by Lake Crescent on our way out.  Look at the amazing glacier blue color of the water.








We drove through Sequim on the way out - where Jacob and Bella went to shop for parts for the motorcycles.


I don't think I've ever seen an 'elk crossing' sign!


Native american art everywhere.


After we got to our hotel in Seattle, we settled in, my mom and Kara swam in the indoor pool, then we met my cousin for dinner.  I wish I had thought to take pictures!  She is newly engaged and we saw her amazing ring and heard all about her honey.  She was positively glowing.  :-)

We returned the rental car on our way back to the hotel to avoid the same problem we had at San Francisco Airport.  It took forever, solidifying our decision to return it early.

Back at the hotel, my mom and Kara swam again while I packed, got all the hotel stuff squared away, and got ready for the flight the next day.

What a fun trip.

Comments