'Whiny' and 'Monday' go hand in hand

Since Kara slept over my mom's house last night, I got to sleep in until 9:30 this morning! I feel like I would have slept longer, but the phone rang. Wow, I was feeling like I had a cold coming on, but today I feel amazing! Imagine that! Lol.

After showering, eating breakfast, and meeting with the lawn guys, I decided to do a little cleaning. I swept, mopped, vacuumed, changed the outdoor light bulb, cleaned the gerbil's cage, cleaned Michael's bathroom, made iced tea (for the third day in a row!), and cleaned the kitchen. I just couldn't stop! The good news: I don't have to do any of that for another week or so. :-)

Just as I was finishing cleaning, it was lunch time and Kara came home. She was whiny all day long. She said, "Today is just a sad day." She was saying things like, "why did Hannah have to go home? I miss my Hannah." I know that means she's either getting sick, or having ANOTHER growth spurt - they affect her sleeping and eating patterns big time. And a tired girl is a whiny girl. She had a fairly long nap and woke up whiny still. I just let her lay around and watch cartoons and play video games. She was pretty miserable. Instead of normal bed time (9:00), I put her to bed at 8:00. While we were brushing her teeth she said, "I'm just sad because I'm tired." No kidding! She went right to sleep and hasn't made a peep.

Let's hope she's in a better mood tomorrow! We're going to hang out with my friends and their kids. Also, since my curtain rod broke today, we need to go shopping for another one. (When I did that, Kara said, "It's a good thing it was you or you'd be mad." Lol!)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
that last statemnet was sooo funny and sooo true! Not just true for you, but for me and probably a lot of other mom's too! When does she start school?
jessicaday said…
I know, at first I felt bad, but then I changed my mind and realized there's a healthy kind of fear/respect and that's what she has.....I think. ;-)
Her school doesn't start until after Labor day since it's preschool. (Remember, preschool is private school here. Private schools can have their own schedules.) September 1st we have her "open house" and find out a lot more.
I'm glad Hannah had a good first day!
Elisabeth said…
I can't wait to hear all about preschool! Hannah actually didn't go to preschool until after Labor Day. I forgot until you said that.