4 yr checkup

Kara had her 4 year checkup today. She is 43 inches tall (95th percentile), 39.6 lbs (75th percentile), and her little blood pressure was 92 over 46 - which is just right for her little body. Everything checked out fine, she was very well behaved, and her doctor said she's super healthy and smart and will love preschool. She had to get three shots (the last shots until she's 11!). I told her if she was brave, I'd give her a lolly pop. That's all she needed to hear - she looked me in the eye while the needles were out, and didn't shed a tear. She got really cool bandaids and earned a lolly pop AND tootsie roll. :-)

After her checkup, we headed over to WalMart for new shoes, then Chick-Fil-A for customer appreciation day. They told us to save our receipt from last week, and bring it today. Today they gave us everything on last week's receipt for free! Plus the Chick-Fil-A cow was there, plus they had cake! Very cool - I love that place anyway, but they are Christian owned and their attitudes are amazing. Then we brought it to Christina's and played with Jake, who is getting so big.

My mom decided to keep Kara for nap and again overnight, so Michael and I are on our own. I bought our first Blue Ray disc, which looks great on our new tv, and we're watching Avatar.

It's going to be a great week!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I can't wait to find out Hannah's stats this Fri! I'm guessing her numbers will be close to Kara's. I'm pretty sure Hannah won't get shots but if she does, no amount of candy will make her sit still and be brave for them! I always dread taking her for shots cuz she freaks out, screams and rolls around like a crazy person! Glad Kara's so healthy!
Anonymous said…
Wow, Kara doesn't get anymore shots till she's eleven?!?!? Has she had the chicken pox booster already? Dylan just got something else too and he's nine. I can't think what it was right now, but he had two at his nine year checkup and I swear I don't think that was the first time since he was four.
jessicaday said…
Yep, she already had the chicken pox booster (the first at age one and the second yesterday). She's never had any problems with shots, so she got the ones she needs this year AND the one she needs next year. Her doctor always lets me decide and told me it was fine for her to get all three today. She's good to go!
Vicky said…
It sure doesn't seem correct that Kara won't need any more shots til she is 11! Very weird!

Glad the LORD has blessed you (and us) with such a healthy, smart, beautiful girl!