Kara's home

Today I went to pick up Kara. She was all excited still and on her vacation high. She couldn't sleep in the car and stayed up late, so hopefully she sleeps well in her own bed tonight.

I had a good week this week, but I missed her so much! I'm working super hard on enjoying the present and being happy with whatever is going on right now, so having her gone meant focusing on being a grown up and my own person, but having her home means my life is complete again! :-) Michael and I have such an awesome marriage, but Kara just completes our little family. (Of course, it is only complete because the Lord is the fourth member of our family. No one completes us like Him!!) Whenever it's just us, it's pure heaven. Everything is fun, easy, and just perfect - or as close as you can get with three imperfect people. I'm so glad Kara had a great week, and I'm very grateful to an awesome grandma, grandpa, and two aunts who took good care of her, but I'm so glad she's home!

P.S. She has told me she loves me about a hundred times.....literally. I think she missed me too. :-)

Comments

Vicky said…
Oh, YES!! She definitely missed you!
jessicaday said…
She's so mature for her age that sometimes I forget just how little she is. I guess it makes sense that an only child of a stay-at-home mom who just turned 4 may miss her mommy if she doesn't see her for a whole week. Totally acceptable! :-)