Family time

Today I went to the grocery store with my mom. We took our time, compared prices and brands, and found a bunch of new stuff (mostly meat) I can't wait to try. After that I did some chores, then went to my sister's house. She took the afternoon off and spent the day watching movies with me, talking about her wedding, and goofing off. Then she made me dinner, Michael and my parents came over too - steak and potatoes, yum! - then we goofed off some more until bed time. Okay, goofing off is fun!

Kara had a great day in North Carolina with her grandparents, two aunts, and all four cousins. She's loving VBS and even met a new friend. That's what I love to hear! Time without mommy (particularly for an only child) is a good thing! I'm so happy for her.

Tomorrow I'm swimming with my mom, then shopping with her. Then I'm going to try a new recipe with the stuff I bought at the store today. I think I'll try.......ribs.

Comments

Kattrina said…
One of my favorite things to do with my mom was go grocery shopping. Now that I have to go with my own money it's not as fun. I love trying new recipes though - we are making Butter Chicken tonight and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck with the ribs!