Day Off


Last night around 7 I got a call from my friend asking if I wanted to go to a movie in a few hours. Yes! We left the kids (just about ready for bed by then) around 8:45 and went out. How fun! What a great thing to do on a random Wednesday night. Let's enjoy being stay at home moms and take advantage of it, right? We got home around midnight and Kara ended up sleeping until 9:15. Wow, what a great time.

(By the way, we went to see Eclipse, which is the new Twilight movie. Yes, I'm a nerd. I actually like those movies for a bunch of Christian reasons, but that's a blog for another day.)

So, Kara and I slept in. We've been on the go every day this week, but when I asked Kara what she wanted to do today, she said "watch you play Super Mario Bros". Lol! She loves that game and likes watching me play so she can learn tips. She's constantly saying "what button did you push to do that?" Don't worry, I know it sounds like we do a lot of tv watching and a lot of video game playing, but I work hard to make sure she has a balance of regular life stuff too. :-)

All of a sudden my stomach was growling and it's because it was noon! Amazing how a day can fly by when you sleep in late.

Kara and I are enjoying a day off - I'm not even going to do any chores - the house doesn't really need it. It's like a Saturday!

I'm just enjoying days like this while I can. Pretty soon we'll be getting up early every day for school. *sigh* I know it'll be routine in no time, but this summer vacation has been awesome.

Have a great day, everyone!

Comments