Productive

Today I am grateful for my health. I feel so good and so strong. I got so much done today, but I still had time to relax some too. (Yesterday my mom and I did a lot of work for my grandparents and my sister - all of which are NOT in good health. Selfishly, I'd much rather be the healthier one doing the work than the one sitting around!)

My favorite part of the day? When I was in the kitchen. Why? I was baking! I love it! I made chocolate cupcakes, homemade chocolate frosting, and Kara put sprinkles on them for me. Then I made a HUGE batch of dirt pudding. I looked over and saw three turning-brown bananas, so I made banana bread from scratch too! Ah, so much fun. Even the dishes were fun.

I was so inspired, I invented a new dinner. Chicken breast, butterflied and pounded flat, stuff with already cooked bacon and onions (I forgot the sage!). Toothpick them shut, then dredge in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Yum! I served it with noodles and biscuits. It was fun!

I'm looking forward to a good weekend. Kara is too - she asked to sit next to Hannah already. :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Hannah will be excited to see Kara but we will all be fighting her for our time with the baby!!
Kattrina said…
That dinner sounds yummy! And I love making banana bread - it's one of my favorites.
Anonymous said…
I made banana bread last week! And I found a new recipe for it that I'm going to try next week. Too funny.
Vicky said…
It was good to have everyone together yesterday! Hope you all had a good trip home! Love you!