So, the ribs were amazing. I don't even like ribs and I thought they were good. Michael gave me a big smile, an extra kiss, and said the meat was really good. Woo hoo!! Home run!! I'll be making those a lot more in the future.

This week I got to spend a day with my sister, a day with my mom, and a day with my friend Kim, who just had one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. It's been quiet, it's been lovely, and it's been relaxing. But now I'm ready for my baby girl to come home!!

I'm looking forward to soaking up as much as I can of the last few weeks of life as I know it - with Kara home with me. Soon she'll be in school every day and we'll have to get up early, rush through breakfast, and go somewhere.......school. Okay, I'm starting to get a little sad.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I can't wait to hear about Kara's days at school! I hope you get to be involved and take lots of pics! It will be so much fun for you both. I think Hannah is really starting to be ready to go home now. I know daddy is ready to have her back!
jessicaday said…
Aw, I bet Hannah is ready to be home. She's such a good girl and such a trooper. I hope she (and you and Ryan) have great memories from this week. :-)
Anonymous said…
How often will she go to pre school? Everyday? Or a few days a week? All day or just a few hours. Alex didn't go at all, Kayla went two days a week and I think Dylan went three days a week. But it was just for, I think, three hours. The one that is here at our elementary school now is everyday and almost all day! Just wondered what kind of program Kara was going to be in.
jessicaday said…
Out here preschool is just about a necessity (Kindergarten teachers assume kids have already been in school), and there is only public preschool for the extremely needy. So, she'll be doing private school just for this year. Since Kindergarten is all day, every day, I put Kara in a preschool that is every day, just in the morning: 9:00 - 11:30. I think it'll be a big adjustment, but she's ready for it and will love being with other kids every day. The question is, am I ready for it????
Anonymous said…
It will be a pain at first having to get up and go in the mornings, but you'll like it. She will love being with kids her own age every day and you will appreciate her even more when you pick her up! :o)
jessicaday said…
Aw, thanks Stephanie (and Liz), it's so nice having encouragement from other moms. (I'm the first of my friends to send a kid to school.)
Vicky said…
No matter how much you prepare, mommy, you will NEVER be ready for that first day of school! I cry just thinking and remembering about it!