Thursday, April 29th

Today was a pretty normal day. Kara woke up early (like two hours early) because she was soaking wet (her overnight diaper was full and overflowing down her legs - lovely!). After changing her sheets and doing extra laundry, she and I started getting ready for the day. We both had dentist appointments. After that we went to Target to get more socks, underwear, and a nightgown for Kara, not to mention a few cute things that were super cheap. (I am having the hardest time finding nightgowns - all I see are pjs, so I'm buying them $16 a piece - yikes!) Then we had lunch with my mom and sister where Kara began.......the meltdown. By this time it was 12:30 and I remembered she woke up too early this morning. Yikes. I shoved down the most delicious lunch I've had in a while, and high tailed it out of there! She cried the whole way home about something she was disappointed about, but was no big deal. I talked her off a ledge and she was much better by the time we got home. One regular nap later, she's herself again and bouncing off the walls. I know the lazy teenage years will be annoying and I'll miss these years when she's little, but the idea of her laying in her room quietly sound SO good right about now. :-) Why can't we jump back and forth? Wouldn't that be nice? Baby years, toddler years, teen years, preteen years - skip around?

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I know that no one likes to shop at walmart but I get so many great deals on the kids clothes there. They always have stuff on clearance. Recently I got Hannah the cutest little Princess and the Frog nightgown for $3!! The movie had just come out and I couldn't believe it was only $3 and I see them all the time. You ought to look there ocassionally.
jessicaday said…
I go to WalMart ALL THE TIME, trust me. Like once or twice a week. Still no nightgowns. Looked in KMart too and three thrift stores. I was starting to feel like it was a conspiracy. :-)
Vicky said…
I can picture Jessica standing in the kitchen of our trailer when she was little, holding the phone, talking to Grandma Brandenburg, in her cute little night gown! I'll check at some of the thrift stores around here. Send me an e-mail with the size you need!
Anonymous said…
I always hated buying pj's for the kids, still do actually, because they're so expensive!!! It would make me so mad that I had to pay as much, of not more, for pj's as I did clothes! And no one sees the pj's!!!!! Something you sleep in should be much cheaper!!! Grrr...still a pet peeve of mine! Good luck.
Elisabeth said…
I'll keep my eyes open here too.
jessicaday said…
Thanks, guys. She's a little girls XS 4/5. :-)
Kattrina said…
Maybe you could find a good pattern and fabric for the pjs and just sew some - that would be a lot cheaper and you'd get something that she likes!