Good Dad

Today in the tub Kara asked why my walls were blue (instead of yellow like they used to be). I told her I wanted to change the color and when I told my daddy, he said he'd paint it for me because he loves me so much. She said, "That is so nice. He loves you. I'm glad he's your daddy." And I said I'm glad too! I am blessed with two awesome parents, but having a good dad is not something everyone has these days. I was raised in a very loving home. I was always pulled onto my daddy's lap, covered with hugs and kisses, and always told how much he loved me and how proud he was of me. He never ever ran out of affection and he always had lots of time for me. He came home from work every day when we lived overseas (and I could walk home from school for lunch) to make me a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm sure he didn't feel like doing that every day, but it was time just for us and I'll always remember it. He taught me to ride a bike, play catch, shoot hoops, drive a car, and many more things! And it wasn't easy - not only am I extremely non-athletic, but I would still have my training wheels on my bike if he let me! Let's say I was resistant to change and growth. :-)

If you're reading this Dad, thanks for being you and giving me an awesome childhood. I have nothing but good memories! :-)

Comments

Vicky said…
AWWW! That brot tears to my eyes! Praise the LORD for good dads!
Anonymous said…
You're an awesome daughter and I know he is ultra proud of you!!!
Doug said…
Sometimes I miss those special times we had when you were little...especially our daily lunches together! The good thing is we do have the great memories of those special times...with no regrets. However...I love who you have become as a woman and a mother. Kara is a lucky little girl to have you and Mike as her parents. I always have been...and always will be...very proud to call you my daughter! I love you sweetie!!
jessicaday said…
Thanks Dad, I love you too!
Remember how we even had grilled cheese lunches when I was in college working in the building next to yours? You bought me one all the time in the R&E cafeteria. :-)