The Good Life

How good is my life that after a great vacation I come home to have an even better day?

I started the day with goofing off on the computer - catching up on blogs, facebook, email, etc. Then I watched a movie. I ate both breakfast and lunch in bed with Kara. After that I showered and got ready to run a few errands with Kara on this beautiful day. We went to four stores and were home about 2 hours later. One spaghetti dinner later and it was Kara's bathtime already. She was in bed by 7 (and asleep by 7:02), and I caught up on the checkbook and bills. Now I get to catch up on all the great tv saved on my dvr. :-)

Tomorrow the plan is to actually unpack my suitcase and rearrange the living room so we can see the tv better from the table! LOL!! :-)

Praise God for the great life I have. I worked so hard for several years and watched everyone around me goof off (or it felt that way) and I'm so blessed to see the pay off so early in life. Praise God for Michael's great job, his brilliant brain, and his admirable work ethic. Praise God for our desire/gifts to be in a job market that is in such high demand so I could work off all debt other than the mortgage and so that Michael has a good paying, stable job. Wow, life is good!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I just don't see how your house stays clean with all that "goofing off?!"
Kattrina said…
Yes, you are quite lucky. I never goofed off a day in my life and it doesn't appear that I'll ever be able to. I believe I'll be working from 6:30am - 6:30pm every day until I die.
jessicaday said…
Well, I just don't write about the cleaning because I enjoy it and don't think about it as work really. Yesterday I tidied, organized, ran and emptied the dishwasher, emptied the trash, worked on the bills, did dishes twice, swept and mopped, went to the grocery store, and bathed Kara. :-) Not to mention, no pets!
Elisabeth said…
I wish I liked cleaning. It really is a chore to me.
Anonymous said…
I too am SO very thankful to have a husband with a good job so that I can stay home to raise our kids and be here for them. And if I did work....I have no idea how I would get everything else done! Not to mention the fact that I wouldn't be able to be "involved" in my kids lives. I enjoy being able to be at the school to volunteer and to be here when they come home from school with a snack waiting on them and asking them about their day.
Vicky said…
Cleaning is not fun to me, either! I'm glad I got to spend a good bit of the younger years at home with the kids, too!