Some random stuff

I came home from Florida (where Michael had been home alone for 6 days) to find:
* an empty sink: the dishes were done
* an empty laundry basket: he washed all his clothes - including all the new clothes he bought while I was gone
* a freshly mowed lawn
I sure do love that husband of mine! I certainly feel like he deserves way better than me!


Before:

After:



I had a great day today. I got a lot of chores done, rearranged the living room, played with Kara, and helped my sister out with some work stuff. Michael had his monthly meeting with the Maryland Bass Association and will be asking to step down as Tournament Director. This is his second year, and while the season just started, he has a lot going on. He has several web sites he will be working on, not to mention his first day at his new job is Monday. I'm really excited for him and proud of him and will be doing my best to support him and let him shine during these next few months.

Bummer: I just discovered one of the prongs on my engagement ring is all messed up. I guess I get to spend some money to have it fixed.....again. I have had to have the prongs fixed several times in the last few years - I'm so clumsy and I work really hard around the house. I didn't have to do this so much back when I just sat in front of a computer all day! :-)


Comments

Elisabeth said…
Tell Michael I'll say a prayer for him on Monday and I'll be thinking about him. I can't wait to hear what you say about his new job. I always hated being the new girl! I'm sure he'll be great. The livingroom looks nice too.
Kattrina said…
Your house is beautiful Jessica - I love the green walls.

That's funny about your ring - I'm on my third engagement ring because I kept losing them all over the place - the grocery store, the airport... Then the diamond fell out of another one when I jammed my hand at the golf course. Let's just say, ring #3 is a cheap little bugger (and of course I've never lost or damaged it)....

Have a great weekend!
jessicaday said…
Thanks, Liz! I know he'll appreciate the prayers. You know Michael, being the new guy doesn't bother him - I never liked it much either. I think he's more excited than anything. :-) His old job was pretty much done and it wasn't exciting anymore. He's the kind of guy that needs a crazy-hard challenge that no one else can do. Once he's mastered it, he's bored.
jessicaday said…
Thanks for liking the green walls, Kattrina. Growing up in base housing meant white walls my whole life - I have ZERO white walls now. :-) That green was really bold, and I had to bring in extra lighting, but I had it done like two years ago and I still like it. :-)
Anonymous said…
I can't really rearrange furniture in ANY room in my house! I have changed it in the family room twice and I finally got an arrangement that works okay. I wish I could move stuff around more.
Vicky said…
My days of rearranging the furniture every month or so are gone! Everything stays put way too long now! Not even moved for dusting behind! Your arrangement looks nice in the living room!