Home Sweet Home

Kara and I returned home from Florida today. We had an AMAZING time and are sad to come home to this cold, dreary weather. We are so happy to come home to Michael, though. :-)

After several days at the beach, a day visiting family, and a day of shopping, we were spent - I will be sleeping well in my own bed tonight! As it is, my mom did a lot (I didn't go to the beach either day, my mom and Kara went alone!). I hate having no energy - I think my bronchitis and walking pneumonia are on their way out, but I am feeling like I need LOTS of rest and LOTS of sleep.

Kara was an angel, as usual. We all had fun and made great memories.

Things we saw in Florida that were SO cool to Kara:
* lizards
* swans
* seagulls
* dragonflies
* alligators
* water, water everywhere! (there are so many bridges because there are so many bodies of water)
* beach
* playground with a twisty slide
* playground in the mall
* "Florida car" - the rental car was a Lincoln Navigator!
* elevators and escalators in the airport

Comments

Elisabeth said…
welcome back! Those pictures make me long for the beach soooo much! Only 2 months to go! Glad you had a great time.
jessicaday said…
Thanks! I'm not much of a beach person since I burn so easily, but it sure was beautiful after dinner when the sun was weak! :-) Kara and my mom are hard core and went all day two days in a row.
Kattrina said…
Your trip looked so relaxing and fun - I love visiting my parents for that reason exactly (although the experience is the exact opposite since they live in Vermont and not sunny Florida).
Glad you had a great trip and hopefully it'll warm up here!!