God's Way


Have you ever seen the Disney version of Alice In Wonderland? The queen of hearts has to have everything HER way. She's always yelling her motto: "Your way? All ways here are MY way!" Do you ever feel like that? God is nudging you in His own special, subtle way, and you just tell him - Your way? All ways here are MY way!

I certainly had a day like that. Yesterday I felt the Lord nudging me to cancel plans with my good friend and stay home. So many things came up, but I stubbornly kept the plans because I really missed her and knew she has had a rough couple of days and could use a friend. I kept my head down and plowed through the day to get to the plans for the evening.

About 30 minutes before I was supposed to leave, I felt stabbing pain in my lower abdomen, and I knew it had to be coming from the new Mirena I just started using. Wouldn't you know I was ordered by the nurse on call to stay in bed all evening until I could get to the doctor first thing this morning. At the time I was nervous something was wrong (but the doctor said this morning all is well and I'm okay). But this morning I realized I should have just done what God asked and canceled my plans! Maybe he didn't want me on the roads. Maybe Kara would have fallen off the playground equipment and broken her arm. Maybe my pregnant friend would have stayed longer than she did when I wasn't there (she could only stay an hour because the heat was so bad) and she would have hurt herself - or the baby! Who knows the reason?

I just wish I wasn't the queen of hearts yesterday and I listened to my sweet Lord. He knows what's best! All ways should be HIS way. :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
True, but we want to feel so in control of everything! Even though we know God is. I have heard lots of stories about how people that were supposed to be at the Twin Towers on that fateful day. But they stopped to get a quick cup of coffee or a donut or I remember one guy was late for work that day because he'd worn a pair of new shoes and they were rubbing a blister, so he stopped to buy bandaids and that's when the plane hit. We just never know what God has in store!
Vicky said…
So true, so true! Great post! I know there have been times that I have ignored the nudgings of God's Spirit in my life!