Tuesday

Normally on Tuesdays I go to Bible Study, but since the kids were out of school this week (for Spring break / Easter break), it was canceled. One of my favorite girls at our table invited us all to her house to hang out. Well, we went and ended up staying all day! It was such a great time! As stay at home moms, it gets lonely and boring, especially since we all only have one kid so far. It was nice to all get together and talk about girl stuff while the kids entertained each other!

After that I went out to dinner with Michael, Kara, and my parents. It was very interesting - Michael doesn't like me posting stuff about his work on here in case anyone reads it, but I'll say this year is going to be an interesting one. We also talked about a sweet family at our church, who we're not super close to, but have known for years, whose two year old son fell onto concrete (just a random, every day two year old fall, but it was on concrete) and he is not doing well. At first they thought he just broke arms and ribs, but then brain fluid started leaking out from his nose and it just got worse ....and worse .......and worse. Several brain surgerys later, lots of agonized screaming and pain from this poor baby later, we're starting to wonder if he'll ever recover from this. His mommy is my age (we were in the youth group together), and is probably taking this the hardest. Two days ago, her grandma, who she is extemely close to, died. So, her mom has to leave to make funeral arrangements, but of course she doesn't want to leave - especially since things just keep taking a turn for the worse. *sigh* We were just talking at dinner how bad things happen to good people, good Christian people, and how God has a plan, but we still feel sad. My Dad things you can ONLY pray that God's will be done, but I think it's okay to let God know you're still sad and that you wish he can get better, if it's His will. Good debates.

Anyway, after that it was 6:30 and I somehow managed to be productive that day by bathing Kara, getting that splinter out that's been in there a week and a half, going to the grocery store, running the dishwasher, doing laundry, and cleaning out my purse. All of that and I was in bed asleep by 10:30!

Comments

Vicky said…
So sad about the little guy! My heart aches for his dear parents!

I agree with you that God wants us to pray positively for the little guy. His will is kinda understood, but He still wants us to pray cuz we don't know what His will is in these matters.
Anonymous said…
Oh I'm so sorry for the little boy and his family. I pray that God does heal him completely.