Long Day!

Today was the day I went to pick up Kara. Tim and Vicky and I met in the middle of our two houses, a three hour drive for each of us. Last night and early this morning I felt a little queasy, but I didn't think anything of it. Maybe I was just overly excited to get my girl back. About an hour into the trip, the nausea got really bad and I started frantically searching for plastic bags. I hit a McDonalds and hit it hard! LOL! I was doubting at this point if I could make it! I prayed for God to take this away from me so I could continue on because Tim and Vicky were on their way to the meeting place with Kara. After that I called my mom for a pep talk and she recommended I stop at a grocery store for apples and Tums - the two things that always work for me. TWENTY dollars later (the only paring knife they sold was TEN dollars!) I was on my way with the windows cracked and I was crying. I was thanking God for working so quickly - telling me to get apples. But the nausea never went away! I had to keep pulling over and was dry heaving on gas station bathroom floors. After a while I just wished I would throw up and get it over with!

I finally made it to Tim and Vicky 30 minutes late with my mind made up to get a hotel room and nap there with Kara. I just knew I could at least function if I had a nap. Well, they offered to drive me home! Can you believe it?! I called my mom to make sure that wasn't rude to accept and she said "That is so nice!" like 6 times! Well, Kara and I went right to sleep while Vicky drove my car and we didn't wake up for an hour and a half. I felt much better and sent Tim and Vicky home from there (they're going to have a late night!). That was just so nice of them. You know what Vicky said when I said "You sure are going above and beyond"? She said, "That's what families do for each other." I sure love them!!!

Let me say, it was nice to wake up from my nap halfway home!

So, on my hour and a half drive home the rest of the way, the nausea came back, but only half as bad. I got a headache, and slowly all my joints started aching. By the time I got home I had a low grade fever. Needless to say, I asked Michael to unload the car for me and I went straight to bed, where I'm going to stay for quite a while!!

Thanks again Tim and Vicky - you are awesome!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
yeah, they are pretty awesome, aren't they?! I hope you feel better soon and no one else in the house gets it.
Vicky said…
I'm thankful we were able to help you out! Hate that you got sick again and felt completely worse by the time you got home! I wondered if we should just continue the trip with you because even thought you said you felt better, you didn't look very well to me! Next time I'll go with my motherly intuition and take you the rest of the way! :) Get well soon for your DH and baby girl! Love you!