A Kara Day

I know it's funny since her last name is Day, but today was a Kara day. I was having the car cleaned at our house, so we were stranded home all day. I decided that since Kara is always so good at doing what I say, when I say it, without attitude, she earned herself a day where she told me what I should do.

The day started with me spoon feeding her pink oatmeal in a fort in the living room. She got to keep her pjs on all day (and even had to change into new pjs after she walked outside and ruined the bottom of her feety pajamas). She said something about wanting a cake and I said, should we make a cake? Or maybe cupcakes? And she said, "Let's make cookies with frosting and sprinkles!" So, we did! Pink ones.

She wanted to play outside by herself for a while, so I let her! (Of course I opened all the windows so I could see and hear her at all times.) She picked me all kind of flowers, which are really weeds, and we put them in a vase. :-)

Her belly was full of sampling cookie dough and frosting, so she only wanted a snack, not lunch. Fine with me! She wanted to play in the clean, dry bathtub, okey dokey. :-) Now I'm getting ready for dinner (flank steak and mashed potatoes with green beans and biscuits) and she's watching Spongebob. What a GREAT day. Or, as Spongebob would say, "It's the beeeeeest daaaaaay eeeeeee-ver!" Know that song?

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I sooo sang the Spongebob song while reading this!! Glad you had a great day.
Anonymous said…
So sweet!
Vicky said…
You are a brave woman! Glad Kara (and mommy) had a great day!