Weekend, Nov 9-11

My contractor was busy on a roofing job yesterday, so he couldn't make it to my house to do anything cool for the kitchen.

I took the day to run errands.  Here is a list of my stops:
  *  return overdue books to library
  *  Sherwin Williams (strikeout #1 - didn't find the paint color I was looking for)
  *  Lowes (strikeout #2 - no paint color)
  *  chick fil a for lunch
  *  my sister's house (to eat and visit)
  *  movie theater to buy Twilight tickets for next weekend :-)
  *  Home Depot (strikeout #3 - no paint color)  I give up
  *  Target (Bought $148 worth of stuff/groceries for $87, for a savings of $61, thanks to sales and coupons)
  *  my parent's house (to drop off the car I was borrowing while mine was in the shop)
  *  pick up the car in the shop
  *  dinner (flippin' pizza)
  *  dessert for Michael (coldstone)
  *  Verizon (to see about a new case for my phone)

Whew.  I'm tired.  No wonder I used over a quarter of a tank of gas!  :-)

Today is Saturday and poor Michael has to work this weekend.  He got approved for 20 hours for Saturday and Sunday.  You'd think he'd be disappointed, but he's jazzed.  He does like work and he really, really likes the 20 hours worth of money.  :-)  (Unfortunately, all the extra money won't cover the $2200 worth of money we just spent fixing both our cars.  Yikes!  BUT, no car payments for the last 7 years HAS been nice.)

While Michael is at work I plan to work on Kara's room.  While she's on vacation with Grandma and Grandpa, I am going to surprise her with rearranging her furniture and setting up a cool arts and crafts desk for her.  My mom did stuff like that for me every once in a while.  Did yours?

Before:

After:
 I moved the bed to the wall the wardrobe was on.  There's still plenty of room for her trundle bed.  Those are butterflies that look like they're flying out of her closet.  And the pictures above her bed are her favorite - the Winx Club girls.

 Flora and Bloom are her favorite (she was Flora for Halloween), so they got to be in the large frames by themselves, then the other 4 share the 2 small frames.

 I moved the wardrobe and the table that was at the foot of her bed onto the wall the bed was.

Here's a close up of her desk.  My goal was to not buy anything new, set it up so she can use everything, and make space for new things she may get for Christmas (aka art supplies).

The room isn't absolutely perfect, but it definitely passes the 6 year old test.  :-)

Comments