Crafty Day

My contractor didn't do much today (I think he had another job to get to), so let's talk about school.  Kara and I are still loving it.  I go through the lesson plans and work out 5 or 6 days worth of work and we get it done in 4 days.  Math is always way too easy, and every day there's a test in one subject.  The lesson plans have us do nothing but the test on that day, but I do a lesson afterwards, which we seem to have plenty of time for.

 We always start with Bible.  This is SUCH a great habit for both of us to get into - getting in the Word before we do anything is a great way to start the day.  No wonder home school days go so well.....  Anyway, here is Kara's drawing of Moses holding up his rod so God could split the Red Sea.

Then we made sure we drew God, because He parted the Sea, not Moses.

Kara's depiction of God.  Love.  It.

Time for phonics worksheets!  We race.  She has 2 worksheets to do, front and back (remember, we're doing several days worth of work at once).  She can definitely handle it, but seems to be annoyed with the amount and really drags her heels.  So, thinking like Michael, I decided if she raced me while I showered (and the winner gets a small candy), she might move it along.  Sure enough, she won, but not by much!  Every single question was right, too.

 Lollypop helped us with our health lesson today.  :-)

After everything, we made a zillion crafts.  She just wanted to keep going and going.

First we made wreath ornaments for our home school Christmas tree.  They are made out of green construction paper, elmers glue, and beads from the dollar store.

Next we made candy canes out of paper clips and the same beads.  I used the hot glue gun to keep the beads on either end put.  This turned out even cuter than I thought it would, and I made it up myself!

 Here's Kara building hers.

She put them together to make a heart.  :-)

"This one's mine!"  She says.

Then we started the plans for our science fair project.  We're going to build a maze and train her new hamster to run through it.

Here's our big arts and crafts table.  We used yarn, string, beads, glue, buttons, etc.  Whoa.  Kara was happy.  :-)

The last project - I got this idea from pinterest.  A little ornament that looks like a Christmas tree made out of buttons.  (Side note:  I thought buttons were cheaper - like 500 for a dollar or something.  Not so much......)

TOMORROW is cabinet delivery day!!  They'll be here at 8am!

Comments