No pics

No pictures today - it's been a crazy day.

I started the day with dropping my car off at the mechanic for an oil change and new windshield wipers.  Our mechanic is an old family friend who I love and trust, so I asked him to look the car over for me (it's 10 years old now) and see if it needs anything else.  I was thinking probably the breaks.  Well, it needs a whole lot and it's going to cost $1300.  Gulp.  Okay.  Not looking forward to seeing what the 4Runner needs - we're bringing that one by later this week.

Then my mom and I worked on starting to take down the wallpaper in my powder room.  This is about the only thing I can do for this kitchen renovation and I'm trying to save a bit of money.  We worked for 2 hours.  Then took a break for lunch.  Then I came back and worked on my own another 4 hours.  My back hurts and I think I'm still less than half done.  BUT, my mom kept Kara all day and they got their toes done and voted and went to the post office.  We were all happy with how today went.  :-)

My mom made me one of my favorite meals from childhood - noodles with mushroom gravy.  Add cream of mushroom soup to ground beef and put on top of noodles.  That's it!  So, good.  I got seconds.  :-)

Spent this evening packing Kara, who is going on a trip with Grandma and Grandpa first thing in the morning.  I love putting little surprises in her carry on - especially when I won't be there to see her open them.  Why does that make it more special?  Anyway, the real surprise is the early Christmas present she got from Grandma and Grandpa - an MP3 player!  She will use this A TON, especially on this trip.  It's perfect!  She told everyone she saw today that she has an MP3 player - our contractor, the guy at the post office, the person who did her nails, and I'm sure several people at the school where they voted.

It's bed time now and I'm tired and thankful I don't have to work on the wallpaper tomorrow if I don't feel like it.  I still have to do the paper near the floor, and the paper near the ceiling.  Yikes.

(Oh, today my contractor connected all gas lines, ran the water line for my fridge, insulated some of the outside wall, sanded the ceiling, and primed it for paint.  Tomorrow he's going to do chair railing and crown molding, then Thursday he's painting the kitchen purple.)

Comments