Floors

Today I went to the flooring warehouse to get my floors.  Wow, I am so happy with these!

To the left we have the cheap choice I didn't go with because it's a wood that scratches easier and is only a stain, so a scratch will be super light and the floors will need to be refinished to look good again.  To the right is my option:  Brazilian Cherry wood.  It's Cherry wood through and through.  That means, it takes about 6 months to darken to the color it will eventually become.  That also means, that scratches will eventually darken too - and disappear.  Niiiiiiice.  :-)

 Look how pretty my walls are!  lol.  :-)  My contractor spackled today.  He sanded the ceiling and will probably paint it Monday, then he'll paint the kitchen walls later next week.  So, guess what color I picked for the walls in the kitchen?  PURPLE!  That wall with the deep purple is what will be in my kitchen.  It's a little crazy, but it's super easy to fix later if I hate it.  I'm thinking purple walls will never be something I hate though.  :-)

The dining room got a little spackling too.  An old leak from the bathroom above left a spot and crack in the ceiling (which is fixed now), and I took down the old curtains since I'm putting all new different ones in there.  Then James can fill in those holes from the old rods.

So, today I picked out the floors:  Brazilian Cherry
And I picked out the wall color:  PURPLE!

Things for me to do this weekend:  buy the paint
Things to do next week:  take wallpaper down in powder room

Then the cabinets come the week of the 12th!!!   Remember, we can't do anything (counters, appliances, floors) until the cabinets are in.

Comments