More cabinet installation

Today my contractor came early to get a jump on installing more cabinets.  He worked all day yesterday and all day today, and he still has about another day to go - maybe more.  You'd think the instructions would be: make sure they're level, drill into wall.  Well, so many appliances are set in/on them, there needs to be water lines drilled into the backs of them, gas lines, cut to the size of the appliances, etc.  Poor guy.

I called and placed the order for floors today, so those should be going in soon - maybe even this week.  Tuesday the countertop guys are coming to get their measurements and will be back the next Wednesday (the 28th) to install them.

Tomorrow the appliances come!  I won't be able to use them for quite a while, but I can't wait to see them in person - I picked them out online - lol!

This weekend I'm clearing out the mudroom so my contractor can rip out those cabinets and sink since those will be in about 10 days from now.

The last 2 months have been slow and steady and the next 3 weeks are going to be amazingly fast.  My contractor said I could even start filling some of the cabinets today if I wanted to!  I guess I have to start thinking about where exactly things will go....

In other news, Kara and I did school today, I was able to watch the new Twilight movie with a friend and my sister, I ran some errands, went to dinner with my parents, and even saw Michael for a little while (he's working like crazy these days).

Happy Friday!!

Comments