Microwave and Dishwasher

As the big stuff is coming in, it's been really exciting around here lately. I'm working on letting the stress sit on my contractor's shoulders and just enjoying how great it's coming together.

Here's what it looks like today:

The fridge won't be staying there and it still doesn't have handles, but it is my fridge and it is stainless steel.

These end caps on my island were added today.  They are so pretty!  I absolutely love the color and I think they'll look nice next to my cherry floors, which will be here soon.

Speaking of my island, here is my microwave!  It's a microwave drawer - so convenient and I love how tucked away and hidden it is.  No more black plastic, no counter space wasted.  So pretty.  (Some of the blue plastic is still on it, but, hey, it's installed.)

Here's my dishwasher too.  Not installed, but sitting where it will go.  So, here is what my island is looking like so far.


Here's the plans for my island.  Isn't it so cool to see it coming together??

You can see the ladder is sitting where the fridge will go.  Also, the lights are on for the hood.  You'll be able to see those better when they're sparkling on my new cooktop.  That will be at least a week before it's installed - maybe closer to 2.

Here's where the "hutch" area is.  Instead of floor to ceiling cabinetry, like I originally wanted, we broke it up so there would be a nice countertop space for like a buffet.  I think it looks really nice!

And here are the plans for the "hutch" area.  Again, isn't that cool?

Here's a view of the island from the other side.  I'm standing near where the cooktop will be.  Love those pretty end caps.....


Tomorrow afternoon the countertop people are coming to do a template and they'll install them next Wednesday!  I am loving this.  Absolutely loving this.

P.S.  Meanwhile, in home school we're ending another 6 week unit and Kara has memorized more verses:



(It's the verses for the 6 week unit, not for the week, like she said.)  Also, her report card is ready.  One "B" and the rest "A"s.  Love that girl's brain.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
It's starting to look like a kitchen again! And great job Kara!