Kitchen Update

** forgive me for not knowing the proper terms for anything  **


Here's the view you're used to.  (Yes, I've taken a picture every day and will be making a flip book/slide show.)  :-)

Today my contractor worked super hard setting up the gas line.  Last week he cleared all the gas lines in our house, cut the current line, and added an intersection of sorts - that added a pipe for him to connect to, and also a valve for him to turn on and off if he needs to open or close the pipes.  I like that!  Anyway, today he cut holes in all the floor joists to run the long gas pipe.  It still isn't connected to the "live" gas, but it does go through a hole in the floor up to where my cooktop will be!  I tell you, this is going to be worth every penny.

 in the basement - top left you can see the "intersection" and you can see the yellow pipe

 The yellow pipe for the gas lines, running down a hole my poor contractor had to notch out of every floor joist

 Do you see the gas line in the kitchen??

Isn't she cute?  I have gas in my kitchen!!!!

He also did a bit of drywall for the island framing (the one side anyway), and he sanded the ceiling.  I bought the paint this morning for him to work on this week.

Looking at my island - you can see the two water lines for my sink cut out and all the outlets.

Now I can say, "the cabinets are coming in sometime next week."  Yes!  Remember, after the cabinets, we can do counters, appliances, then floors.  None of that can happen until after cabinets.  Seeing those big things come in is going to be really exciting!!

Comments