Christina, the invalid :-)

Today I spent the day taking care of Christina. I dropped Kara off at school and headed right over. Today's CRAZY weather made my mom stay home and guard their house since it floods easily. So, she left her post for a few minutes to pick Kara up from school for me while I came over to care for my sister. This is not something I take lightly. I don't roll my eyes when she needs me to help her to the bathroom or leave a pile of dishes in the sink after I plow through the contents of her fridge. This is serious work to me. As soon as I got to her house, we worked together to give her a bath. I washed her hair for her, taking care to use shampoo twice since it had been a while. After that, I got her dressed and settled downstairs. That means medicine (one of which is a shot), ice, food, drinks, blanket, etc. Then I decided every girl feels better with their hair clean and looking decent, so while she laid on the couch, she draped her hair over the edge (with her ankle elevated, of course), and I dried as much of her hair as I could and curled it. It looks so good!
After all that, it was lunch time and I did a few chores. Then she was exhausted and has been napping off and on for a while now. So, I swept, mopped, and vacuumed. Then I cleaned the dog's cage and washed all his stuff - it needed it.
Now the rain is finally done (we've had inches and inches - wow) and the wind is really picking up. There has been a tornado watch up all day. Please, please, please don't let one hit. I can't throw Christina down the stairs into the basement in enough time. :-( (Have I mentioned tornadoes are my second greatest fear??)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
what's your first greatest fear?
jessicaday said…
Being separated from Kara - whether I die and she's left without a mommy, or she dies, or is kidnapped, or whatever. It's my GREATEST fear.
Anonymous said…
You are an awesome sister!!!! And I think that is my first greatest fear too. Second would be....fire.
Vicky said…
You are such a good sister! What would Christina do without you?!

I used to fear tornadoes greatly after we were in one. But, I've outgrown it, I guess. I get a tiny bit nervous if there is a warning and we end up in the basement, but I can't say I really fear them now!

I guess when the kids were growing up I was too busy to worry and have a fear of what would happen to them if something happened to Tim and I. I just always assumed mom and dad would be there to take good care of them, I guess. I guess I've never been a big worrier or fretter (new word)!

I do remember one time I panicked when Liz and I went to the bathroom at Kings Island and I walked right out without even thinking about her still being in there. Got all the way back to the group before I realized what I had done. Then I panicked and headed back after her to find her wondering around, crying, which I immediately began to do as we ran to each other's arms. I hugged her hard as I apologized. Makes me cry thinking about it! Sorry, Liz!