Wednesday, Sept 29th

I knew today was going to be a good day because eight years ago on Sept 29th, Michael proposed to me. :-) Such a special day - I'll always remember it. He was so nervous and his hands were shaking so bad. I knew he rehearsed what he was going to say because he kept messing up the words. Of course he was down on one knee. Then he put the ring on my right hand. *sigh* What a great day.

I woke up early today to get a workout in. I really want to make it a priority. I enjoy doing it and I enjoy feeling good and feeling strong. Not to mention I don't fit into my winter clothes anymore. I REFUSE to get the big clothes back out. Anyway, I got up at 6:30 and did a 30 minute workout. It felt really good! I'm going to try to do it tomorrow too. Fortunately, tomorrow is weights and that doesn't take as long. :-)

After taking Kara to school, I did a few chores and had a friend over with her little girl. It was great! Then we all went together to get Kara and we all had lunch together. It means a lot to me that my friends haven't forgotten about me just because Kara isn't there to join in on the play dates. I go by myself now!!! :-) I guess their my play dates, not hers!!

Then the Orkin guy came and Kara talked his EAR OFF! She said, "see mommy, I'm not shy". So cute. The guy has a four year old so he was really sweet to her. Then it was nap time and I got to play on the computer.

That's about where I am so far. Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Comments

Kattrina said…
Thanks for your comments on my blog Jessica! I can't believe you've been married for almost 8 years - that's so awesome. Thanks for the advice too - being married can be hard but it's easier when you know that other happily married couples sometimes struggle too. I love being married and I hope I'm as happy as you are 8 years down the road!

Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE nutella. We actually can't buy it very often because my sister eat it out of the jar with spoons and it's gone before we know it. We have no self-restraint when it comes to nutella!
Vicky said…
WOW! 8 years! So hard to believe! A LOT of water has traveled under the bridge in the last 8 years! CONGRATS, sweetie! Tim never proposed, it was always assumed we were getting married. My pre-engagement ring was given to me at Christmas in a Christmas Stocking.
jessicaday said…
Thanks guys. It's been a good eight years. There have been ups and downs, but mostly ups and that's what matters.
My present to him yesterday was a completely silent dinner. He had a headache and Kara was upstairs playing, so I sat with him and had dinner and didn't say one word. He loved the comfortable silence and appreciated the gift. :-) I know what makes him happy!