Wedding Weekend

My sister got married today!! She is so happy and so am I. Yesterday we all went to her house to rehearse what the wedding would be like, then we went out to Olive Garden for dinner (my sister's choice). We laughed like a bunch of dorks and made some fun memories. :-)

Afterwards, the boys went home and all of us girls (mom, Christina, Kara, and I) had a slumber party at my mom's house. We played with jewelry and shoes, and after everyone went to bed, Christina and I slept in the same room and giggled and I even gave some marriage advice. My advice - try to make marriage fun. He doesn't HAVE to be married to you, you know. Make him WANT to be. Also, pick your battles and don't fight things that don't matter.

It certainly brought back memories because almost 8 years ago, I was getting ready for my wedding just one bedroom down the hall. :-) I came down the steps this morning to see Michael when I was getting ready - the same steps I went down to see him for our first date (he had a yellow rose in his hand) and when I was leaving in my wedding dress.....

The wedding went really well, even though there were a few hiccups. Aren't there always? They got married by the water, outside. Then we had a beautiful reception at their house. It was a lot of fun and so beautiful. Christina and Tony are deliriously happy with goofy smiles on their faces, and that's what matters.

I have amazing brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, and now I have one more. :-) God has certainly blessed all of us!

Comments

Vicky said…
So glad for Christina!
Anonymous said…
Happy, happy!