Basement Organization

While Michael took Kara fishing, I decided to finally organize my basement, like I've been planning to do for a long time now. We all know how much faster we can work alone with some inspiring music. :-)

This room would look much worse and stay looking bad if I didn't have to go in it every other day to do laundry. I hate going down there because of bugs, dust, and spider webs. The ceiling is unfinished and I'm paranoid something will drop on my head. AND it's the only unfinished, climate controlled area in the house so all our Christmas stuff, wrapping paper, and junk is in there. So, I am not happy to do laundry in that room. Today I used the vacuum to clean every nook and cranny from the floor, in between the pipes, on up to the ceiling. It is spick and span now! Not only that, but I organized too. Here are some before and after pics.

BEFORE
AFTER
(that dresser there is my new gift wrapping center!)

BEFORE
AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
(all that Christmas stuff looks better up on that new shelf,
instead of piled in that corner)

Eventually I plan to finish that section of that room so it's a pretty place to do laundry. Maybe even have built in shelves put in so it looks better.

Ah, I feel much better now! I'm ready for a shower and to get dinner started. Tonight we're having ribs - I love making dinner that Michael likes. :-)

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

Comments

Vicky said…
Looks like you worked your buns off today! Lookin' good!
jessicaday said…
Thanks. I hope some of my buns got worked off. ;-) I know I'm going to be sore.
Kattrina said…
Wow - great job! Our basement is finished so we have to jam all our junk into the garage - and we have so much junk that the car doesn't fit anymore. It's nice to have a place to put holiday stuff and winter clothes, etc., but it's nice when it's organized too.
jessicaday said…
Thanks, Kattrina! Our basement is finished too, but not that section. I just hate doing laundry in THE ugliest room in the house. At least it's better now! One day there will be walls and ceilings and floors other than concrete....